Inokatsu CO2 P226 mag performance

Dolnage

Greetings!

Has anyone tried Inokatsu P226 CO2 mags before? It seems that they've been around for at least a couple of years. Quite curious that I haven't seen a single post about these puppies anywhere, pimped P226's tend to be horribly unreliable when using green gas and CO2 really helps.

I have four Inokatsu mags and I'm using TM based P226, although the only original parts are the grips and rear sight.. Mostly Guarder and KJW, externally and internally. With weaker hammer and recoil spring the gun doesn't cycle but with 150% hammer spring the recoil is awesome. The thing is, I'm still getting only ~315fps out of the gun!

I'm using KJW CO2 nozzle, Marui and AIP nozzles give phenomenal bang and power but as the slide goes backwards, the nozzles fly out of the gun, usually in more than two pieces.

Soo,

Has anyone figured how to use tune-up nozzles and valves with 150% hammer spring and Ino CO2 mags?

Just if anyone cares, here's the parts list:

Ext:

Guarder P226 Navy frame
Guarder old style trigger

Guarder takedown lever

Guarder decocking lever

Guarder slide catch

Guarder mag catch
Guarder grip screws

Guarder outer barrel
Creation "SIG" engraved (  :D ) hammer

Prime dummy firing pin

Int:

Falcon inner barrel and hop up rubber

Guarder recoil spring guide

UAC blow back unit

UAC mag seal rubbers

Guarder 150% recoil spring

Guarder 150% hammer spring

Shooters design valve knocker

KJW CO2 nozzle

KJW trigger housing

KJW trigger bar

KJW hammer housing

KJW mag catch spring thingy

Some random MAG, KJW, Marui springs inside hammer housing. Seems quite stiff.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

Has anyone tried Inokatsu P226 CO2 mags before? It seems that they've been around for at least a couple of years. Quite curious that I haven't seen a single post about these puppies anywhere, pimped P226's tend to be horribly unreliable when using green gas and CO2 really helps.

I have four Inokatsu mags and I'm using TM based P226, although the only original parts are the grips and rear sight.. Mostly Guarder and KJW, externally and internally. With weaker hammer and recoil spring the gun doesn't cycle but with 150% hammer spring the recoil is awesome. The thing is, I'm still getting only ~315fps out of the gun!

I'm using KJW CO2 nozzle, Marui and AIP nozzles give phenomenal bang and power but as the slide goes backwards, the nozzles fly out of the gun, usually in more than two pieces.

Soo,

Has anyone figured how to use tune-up nozzles and valves with 150% hammer spring and Ino CO2 mags?

I've been using Inokatsu CO2 magazines for years now in an Inokatsu P226, and two TM-based all-PGC/Guarder P226s that have even fewer TM parts than yours. My guns run just fine with 150% recoil springs and the factory Marui hammer springs; I have had one spectacular nozzle failure as you described (a Wii-Tech that shot the rocket valve out of the barrel) but even the factory TM nozzles seem to be holding up reasonably well in the PGCs. I suspect it's the huge volume of gas released by the harder hammer strikes that's blowing up your nozzles.

IMO the 150% hammer spring is a waste of time and you should start by discarding it and trying to find out what is stopping the gun cycling without it; you're treating a symptom, not the cause. Even my all-steel Inokatsu will cycle - not well, but it will - with propane and a regular TM spring; your aluminium Guarder should not have any difficulty cycling, especially with the lightweight UAC BBU. For me the stronger hammer spring has never been required (in British weather; maybe if you live in a tropical climate you'll need it). Once you're not dumping way too much gas into the gun you should stop blowing up your nozzles, and at that point you can try porting the valves/fiddling with rocket valves etc. to try and get more power.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived