Gate AAB and Motor Getting HOT

AG1212

I've a Gate AAB mosfet installed in a custom M4, 12:1 gears, AOE corrected (piston teeth and pad), shimmed well (at least I think) and running a 1j spring....I had a secondhand Tokyo Marui EG1000 motor in it with really bad looking teeth, this eventually sheered off so replaced it with a standard G&G combat machine motor I had on hand...

Problem is now the motor is getting insanely hot, and the motor and battery (11.1v and 7.4v) are getting hot too. I tried messing with the motor height, doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? Is the the AB just too much for the motor to handle?

I heard elsewhere it might do? Either way, the heat seems to be coming from the motor mostly, and probably conducting through the wires to the battery and fet. I guess I'll have to get a new motor and see...anyone know a good high torque motor?

I heard elsewhere it might do? Either way, the heat seems to be coming from the motor mostly, and probably conducting through the wires to the battery and fet. I guess I'll have to get a new motor and see...anyone know a good high torque motor?

The problem is that there's a ton of factors involved. But most likely, the cause is shimming, motor or gear ratio issue. You should get a wattmeter that can measure current draw. Have a look at the ASG CNC series motors. I recommend either the 18K or 22K for your ratio.

Archived