AAC's 2e MK18mod1 /BlockIICQBR build

aac

And here my newest project build, i started at, (but is still in progress)

I am gonna upgrade/pimp my latest asset -the Specna SA-A03 i reviewed before here- into a more "correct and today" MK18mod1/BlockIICQBR.

Here once again a photo of the donor replica

TvUCtko.jpg

The plan's:

- Outer barrel & gasblock : stock barrel is ###### IMO and wil be replaced by a DIY 10.3" Colt barrel, and MK12 gasblock.
- Flashhider : wil be a DIY SF-4P-556-RC , because there are no aftermarked 4P with the latch for the suppressor on the Airsoft 
market.
- SF SOCOM-RC suppressor: this should be the "icing on the cake" i am gonna try to make one by myself , a pretty chalenging 
sub-project i admit :think:
- MK18 RIS II rail: Th Black rail needs to undergo an FDE paint job, while maintaining the white markings.
- Installing accessories : CTR stock, MIAD grip ,RVG grip, LA-5 UHP, WMX-200, dual remote, EXPS-3, G33, diy KAC buis etc...
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1e chapter: Barrel & Flashhider

I used an M4A1 14.5" Government profile barrel i made for my previous M4A1 build (but was later replaced by a 14.5" SOCOM profile barrel) 
I cutted the barrel to 10.3" length, and finished him (same as was done by the first RS MK18mod0 10.3" barrels)
On the photo's you also can see the progress pics of the SF flashhider

lAvsmgk.jpg

KPUwlI1.jpg

MMYwk4g.jpg

Check here the complete barrel&FH photoalbum

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Barrelnut & Bolt Up Plate

Then some unforseen extra work 1f641.png 
A: Since the rim-Ø of my custom barrel is smaller than the the rim of the stock barrel, the Stock barrelnut is became useless.
B: It's made out of soft Aluminium, not according to RS spec's, so not big deal to replace him 
C: The Bolt Up Plate appears to be bend already after only 1 disassy, end assy , really soft material ! :thumbdown: 
SePHOym.jpg
pdZu0nR.jpg
BruTM9v.jpg
MGR8qV6.jpg
Check here the complete Barrel nut & Bolt Up Plate photo album
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

MK12 low profile gasblock

Then made an MK12 gasblock according to spec's witch are easy to find on Google :yawn: 
It was obvious the original Specna gasblock dimensions aren't correct by far, is this to avoid copyright issues, or just untidiness ?
eClCPEq.jpg 
nqVA4gC.jpg
Check here the complete Gasblock - photo album 

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Barrel group finishing & assembly

Here the barrel has its Colt markings, parts are finished, and sandblasted
c69Vm7s.jpg
mhmpvnp.jpg

And painted, assembled, and slightly weathered 

3wou3sg.jpg
Check here the complete barrelgroup - photo album
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
SOCOM FDE paintjob on the rail

The rail paintjob, while keeping the white laser etched position markings, was one of the most head breaking jobs.
Finaly i did it with Talens liquid masking film, a 000 brush, and loooooooot's of patience, and a steady hand.

The end result is quite satisfying to me, from a "normal" viewing distance it looks great, but when you examine it on close up - distance 
imperfections could be seen , but afteral a job i can recommend !
NEYysZo.jpg 
rfUb5JG.jpg 
Check here the complete rail - photo album
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Lower receiver paintjob

Lower receiver paint job (to hide the USMC logo)

STEP 1: Lower painted in Fosco Dessert
5agoRyS.jpg

STEP 2: Lower covered in plastic mesh to add subtle "snake skin" patern
gcGANxB.jpg

STEP 3: Slightly weathered
hheivHE.jpg

STEP 4: Dusting stil to be done 

The accessorie kit 

A: The CTR stock replica : I found this one at Taiwangun for barely € 6.57 ! And looks realy great ! but it must be said, the friction 
lock isnt fully functional, because its lacking a steel insert ! so right now i am strugling with the friction lock, trying to make it 
functional same as the original stock.
9actotx.jpg
ZIz09qj.jpg
ZcWASNq.jpg

And with the accessories installed 1f642.png
gF84WNC.jpg
H8rGNQd.jpg 
8f5PRFi.jpg
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Stil in progres : the Surefire SOCOM 556 RC suppressor, but because on this forum editing post's isn't possible after a while i wait until he's finished

For those with a DEVTSIX account you see him already here.

For the Dutch speaking amongst us  :)  watch here 

agM2MsG.jpg

Archived