3D printed Mk23 Socom pistol holster

mightyjebus

after someone suggested I have ago at making a 3D Mk23 I thought I'd give it a shot.

Currently I've knocked this up in Sketchup and made a few test prints to iron out the design. The finished design will come with either a belt loop or mounts for blackhawk adapters so that it can be mounted anywhere.

The pistol sits in the cutout and is held in place by a spring loaded cap that can be pushed down with the trigger finger to release the pistol from the holster.

I'll stick up some photos of the finished design. Here's a few pictures of the sketchup design and a badly printed prototype.

mk23%20holster_zpsnijiqcek.jpg

mk23a%20holster_zps9zaiuagz.jpg

prototype_zpsaxsbnmv3.jpg

V1 prototype with catch undone

mk23%20holster%20v1a_zpso0wjtv0g.jpg

with catch in place.

mk23%20holster%20v1a_zpsxwui9wcj.jpg

For V2 i'm going to add a push button that locks the catch in place when the pistol is in the holster. I've attached a blackhawk belt loop for testing but I'll add some accessories to the model so that I can have a belt, loop, molle clip or blackhawk accessories.

Shouldn't there be a rod or dowel behind the trigger at the same heigt of the trigger lock mechanism or extend the height of the area in front of the trigger guard? As it is it looks like the trigger can be actuated by the lock (pushed down) as soon as the trigger guard clears the front part.

Archived