The milsim scene

evilrobotshane

I'm just getting back into airsoft after some years away, and am new to the British scene. I'd visited for a couple of TA Events' games before and am hoping stuff like that still goes on, but the Events forum here hasn't got much recent. Do these milsim-type events still go on, and if so, where do people find out about them?

Thanks, but eww; I'll drink the milk, Hannibal, but I ain't gettin' on no Facebook. Don't people make websites anymore?

Forums and websites are struggling against the behemoth of FB. The site I play at's forum is almost unused. Arnies is quieter, even in the short time I have been using it. FB, very sadly, is where it's at (barring sales which are now banned on FB). FB is horrible to use as a forum replacement but I fear there isnt much of an option.

Personally found a lot of people below 30 can barely figure out how to use a forum, post photos etc. When FB banned gun sales there was a temporary upsurge in forum usage but that dropped off when Prefired etc became available. People of a certain age expect the internet to be very simple and don't want a 100 page thread or have to input a link to a photo hosting site.

I do not understand how people are OK with using FB predominantly.  It's completely inappropriate for it due to it's fluid nature and bizzare update ordering.

You see something on your feed one morning, you go to find it in the evening and then nothing.  A bunch of updates during the next day, you update and it 'updates' you with a random post you were looking for the previous day.  Trying to use that system for searching through sales would wind me up in no time.

Archived