Umarex/VFC HK VP9 internal slide wear

Mr Foxhound

So I got my Umarex/VFC VP9. I replaced the stock barrel with an Ace1Arms silencerco barrel. I ran two mags though it and the inside of the top of the slide is quite worn. Most of my GBBs have wear there, but seems like less on others. But most others have after market slides, this has a stock one.

Is it just the paintjob rubbing off because its just a stock slide with cheap paint? Or is the barrel to big? Note that when I touch the wear it feels smooth, not like it is grinding the metal. According to Ehobby the Ace1Arms barrel shouls not require modification.

Picture of the wear in attached file.

post-76261-0-40421100-1496347275_thumb.jpg

That seems about normal wear TBH. So long as it functions and isn't dragging I think you're good to go. You could file/sand the inside of the top of the slide where it's wearing. That should reduce the amount of wear you'll see on the putter barrel. But if it's working and not seeming to drag as the parts move against each other I would leave it alone.

I checked my Asia Deluxe black version with stock slide and outer barrel and I have very little wear right and the back edge of the chamber opening on mine as it is now. I do also have some wear on the top of the chamber of the outer barrel.

I will install the A1A barrel tonight and let you know how it goes.

But yeah, as uscmCorps said if it doesn't hinder functionality it's pretty normal to see wear in that area on the slide and corresponding area on the barrel chamber.

Got mine installed. And yeah it does seem the A1A is a bit higher in the top of the chamber causing it to rub a tiny bit. I will probably do what uscmCorps said and sand down the inside of the slide where it rubs.

FYI I sanded down that part of my slide with 240 grit sandpaper to get the paint off and remove some metal, then 400, 800 and 1200 grit.

I think it's better to leave the paint on there as the paint is softer than bare aluminum so when it rubs against the chamber of the barrel (in our case A1A VP9 barrel) it would leave less marks.

Now when I rack my slide I get aluminum colored scuff marks (that can be wiped off), so I dunno.

Never heard of an SA Glock slide cracking from the chamber hitting it but it did happen on my PPQ. The slide thickness looks a lot better on the VP9 as well.

Archived