AG1212

I'm pretty new to building AEGs, here is my setup:

SHS 13:1 Gears

M100 Spring

SHS Piston, 1 + 1/2 teeth removed, corrected AOE with spacers

Stock ACM torque motor

Gate NanoAAB

Issue with both 7.4v and 11.1v batteries

On semi I don't notice this issue, but on full auto every now and then after firing there's a strange sound, almost like the sound from using the anti-reverse latch release on some AEGs like a G&G M4 or a L85, like the gears are going back to their resting position. It feeds fine, but the sound is pretty audible. Any ideas what is causing it? First thought is that the motor isn't strong enough for the AB on full auto?

I wouldn't trust that kind of setup to a simple FET with brake and upgrade to something that detects the position of the gears.

The gears themselves don't have a "resting" position, the main spring does. Any stop in your bevel gear is a resting position, no matter where the whole action is at that moment. IF the spring is pushing everything back to the spring resting position despite the ARL I'd check that it's engaging properly first, as Darklite said.

A stronger motor would stop faster and help with everything, but if it's good enough to give you a good trigger response it should stop good too.

Have you checked the maximum RPS that the NanoAAB can manage? Some of them are rated for 25rps, no more.

Archived