Commission for Surefire 613R take-down lever modification

Foden_357

Hi there, 

I am the proud owner of a Surefire 613R weapon light for a Beretta M9 pistol. The target weapon for this light to be mounted on is my trusted Tokyo Marui M9 Military (the new model based on their updated M9A1 design).

As it stands; the flashlight fits snugly onto the replica's plastic frame, & the extended take-down lever aligns perfectly. However; when I try & reinstall the slide onto the frame of the M9 Military, the take-down lever won't lock into place. This is because the cut-out for the guide rod present on the Tokyo Marui part, is absent from it's real steel counterpart... 

... Therefore; I would like to commission a professional to modify the Surefire extended take-down lever for my 613R weapon light to conform with the cut-out dimensions / proportions used on the Tokyo Marui replica. Does anybody know of a UK-based professional who could facilitate my request; & if so, how much this commission is likely to cost? 

Please don't hesitate to reply requesting any further particulars, I can also provide photos when necessary. 

Thank you all for your time & patience, I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kindest regards, 

Josh

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delayed response; however, I thought I'd share some photos so that prospective craftsmen could see what I mean (without sending my precious equipment around the world, potentially unnecessarily)... 

6v6MI1Tl.jpg

8eqKCJgl.jpg

DN96Ws4l.jpg

qoApMU3l.jpg

lbanbXsl.jpg

VA0Xd2Tl.jpg

bYm0CVYl.jpg

oQoE8Nkl.jpg

With the photos provided, do you think this is more or less doable? 

You could do that with a set of metal files in a half-hour or so; in fact, if you send it to a professional, that's almost certainly what they're going to do anyway. My suggestion would be to buy a small vice with a vacuum base - a Draper rebrand of a typical Chinese vice will be fine, you can even buy the unbranded ones if you're feeling really thrifty - and a set of small metal files. Wrap the barrel of the workpiece in masking tape and (after measuring 3 or 4 times) mark up where it needs to be modified. Clamp the workpiece up lengthways, and file as necessary.

Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum.

Archived