AEP pistol and upgrade questions

Isamu

Hey guys, my already aged TM G18 AEP is a bit old now and I'm thinking about retiring it but since i'm getting a new one, I thought about upgrading it out of the box, so my idea is to get a cm.030 since it will be a cheap base for the upgrades. Problem is that I am having a hard time finding one at a regular price, only the new cm.127 (sci-fi-ish glock lookalike) seems to be on stock. I couldn't care less for the form factor but since i'm a bit invested on the glock platform, I need to know if short and long mags will fit a feed and most important if it will fit in the glock serpa holster

Now, on the upgrades, I wanted to get more power out of it (about 280/290FPS) but not to go crazy, so this is my list:

http://www.airsoft-entrepot.fr/pdi-tete-de-piston-pour-aep.html

http://www.airsoft-entrepot.fr/canon-pdi-6-01-mm-g18c-aep.html

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3710

* KM Bucking I already have in the spares box

If you can sugest something else, please do so =)

Thanks

I haven't really gotten too deep on the AEP train, but I have modified quite a few. Talking to people on the deep side of the train, they generally don't recommend getting the stronger springs. You may want the power, but the AEPs don't need it for range, so you should lay off on the spring strength unless the gun chronos under 200 with .25s with the stock spring.

Eagle 6 has a slightly upgraded spring you can use instead of the mag spring and just keep the stock piston, use the Marui piston as backup.

I would recommend mostly these upgrades:

Metal bushings or bearings, eagle 6 has a couple options.

Reshim the gearbox

Install a small mosfet (like a gate pico ssr3)

Run 7.4v 300mah lipos

And rhop the CYMA with the stock hopup rubber, no need to use the upgraded rubber.

You can get the 6.01 barrel if you want, it may help. I've always got satisfactory results? with stock barrels though.

I tend not to flat hop TM AEPs though, they are already laser guns.

And if you want to improve the air seal, try to find replacement orings. The orings on the nozzle and nozzle return spring guide are also important.

I built a jg skorpion a couple years ago that still being used by local guys. The JG has a pretty strong spring and the piston is still strong. I think the major failure point on these guns after modifying them to run on lipos is the shim job and plastic bushings.

I installed kanzen bearings

Reshimed

Mosfet

Modified the grip to store a lipo

Flat hop with stock bucking and barrel

Ended up shooting 220 with .25s and could sling BBs usably out to 200 feet.

I used it for CQB games.

I have a TM G18c now too. A friend gave it to me to pay for work because it was locked up. Fixed it (the pin that stabilizes the motor broke and got sucked up into it) and I'm planning a build now. The only this extra for the pistols I recommend is to get the steel tappet plate and tappet cam. I've seen a couple aeps that didn't feed right due to those parts being worn. I've already got them for mine. Currently trying to model a new slide to print it and turn it into an EMC from CoD. The extra height to the slide would allow me to store a 1200mah lipo in there.

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=Aep

I will be using a cyma instead of the TM, it is quite beaten up, also, I read somewhere that cymas have better motors, so the lipo i'm currently using (7.4v 300mah) should improve the ROF and response over the TM. Don't know if it is good to rhop it since I won't be doing the upgrades and if I don't make the rhop correctly at first try, the tech might not be able (want) to perfect it later (most techs here in spain don't know what an Rhop is) so I want to get a good performance improvement without making the tech's life too hard =)

Do you think the MAG spring is not needed? shipping from cobra is quite expensive, but the metal piston seems like a good deal coupled with the spring which should be close to 300FPS,and I found some cheap shs gears too, just in case, but being a sub 300FPS set up, are strenghted parts so necessary?

I know power might not be the most sought property in this gun, but people here do play pretty armored up and they have some problems feeling the hits from a 200FPS pistol ^_ ^U so 300FPS at 10 or 15m should be more encouraging

You are right, I built a simple JG Skorpion looooooong ago and only with an rhoped precision barrel using a KM buking... man, I was making 45m+ shots, ranged finder measured, too bad people didn't feel them at such ranges LoL!

I don't really know about the mag piston, it's just that most of the AEP builds I have seen, including the ones by a really good AEP tech in the UK (Sam Liggat) that, iirc, for the most part use stock pistons.

But you really should learn to flat hop. It makes a big difference in small guns like these.

It's not hard, especially if you use 6/8mm semi soft silicone tubing as the material, then you don't have to do all the sanding.

I can help you if you want.

Archived