Cybergun

renegadecow

The cat's out of the bag. We have a sudden rush of up and coming WE products with full trades all thanks to what is probably the most detested company in the hobby of all time. There have been rumors of this happening for maybe a couple years now since a few products in development were suddenly buttoned up and now we face their compromise. On one hand, we finally get to buy all the cool toys we've wanted and then some (and also some we don't want like the double barreled pistols). On the other, we knowingly give our money and support to Cybergun, practically cementing their position by tying themself to one of the most profitable brands in the industry. For some time people were relishing at their plummeting stock value and hoped for their ultimate demise. Then again Cybergun has supposedly undergone a major change in management, citing how their previous unsavory methods turned against themselves as more and more consumers boycotted anything they touch. Seeing the SRPs of some of the new products, it's apparent to say the least that they aren't doing the usual price gouging ala VFC's FNX45. So, is this really a result of turning over a new leaf, a dawn of better things to come with potential amicable relationships with other manufacturers?

It seems to me that Cybergun have teamed up with WE to save themselves and their company, financially at least.

As you say it is anything but desirable but on the other hand, fully trademarked WE's are also pretty nice.

But if I had an option I would just prefer Cybergun died out and WE made unmarked versions :o

But yeh, very strange turn of events indeed...

I think this is great. Finally no longer will you have to put a 300$ kit on a 80$ we just for the trades.

cybergun has always been good with the trades, unlike umarex and asg which invent their own and leave half of them out.

Katotaka, on 12 Jun 2017 - 9:57 PM, said:

nah, as if WE rolls out licensed products, that will mean EU-compliant markings will come standard, no more blank guns for you to mess with anymore :(

they will just make 2 versions. Nobody wants the EU (aka german) markings. I don't buy anything from EU. Ever.

here's the thing

https://www.moea.gov.tw/MNS/populace/news/News.aspx?kind=2&menu_id=41&news_id=62305

Not exactly following the story but with recent events about G&G and APS, I won't be too optimistic.

AFAIK some (okay... at least one) manufacturers in TW would "switch" voluntarily w/out the bill passing.

In particular last weekend's show the V company said the U branded pistol they produce could be their very last model with authentic markings, just sayin'.

Interesting times ahead.    We are finally starting to see some nice releases, especially in the GBBR department. It be a shame if that trend stops.

the APS situation is weird. Tokyo Marui got burned in the same way in the 80s. Not going to open that can of worms but it appears the beef of the authorities is that the gun as it comes can be altered to chamber and fire a live round, and not that real parts can be fitted to it to make that possible. I suppose due to the lack of availability of real parts in their part of the world they aren't concerned with that.

Isn't there something odd going on with the affiliation between WE and WE Europe?  It seems everyone linked to WE is misrepresenting themselves.  James, AWSS e.t.c.

Possible they don't have the knowledge to make such a statement?

Isn't there something odd going on with the affiliation between WE and WE Europe?  It seems everyone linked to WE is misrepresenting themselves.  James, AWSS e.t.c.

Possible they don't have the knowledge to make such a statement?

From what i have been told WE doesn't do anything but manufacture. You ask for 10k AN94s they will build you 10K AN94s etc.

WE Europe are the only people bringing them into Europe and get them to manufacture EU/UK spec toys.

WETTI are a re seller who often misrepresent themselves as WE

Again take it all with a 203s worth of salt as im hearing this about 4th hand XD 

ah, not seeing much stuff coming from them recently that I almost forgot it's existence 

Probably because both of your statements might actually be true.

What was the last model HK3P did full markings of? :o

Not sure they are active any more.

But, you always have placed like Run In Workshop that do pretty cool custom engravings and what not. And they are close enough to the manufacturer that they might be able to sneak out a batch or two of blanks to custom engrave and re-finish.

There will always be ways, just a matter of how much time and money it takes :P

The problem with RUNIN and APLUS is that they appear incapable of doing anything to a plastic frame. SDP studio does work on those but its small scale custom one offs and on limited items of their choosing.

HK brought us some much needed more realistic frames out of the box. Not perfect by any means but much better than what's available. With most guns being polymer now, there is a void.

Archived