Project Wild Geese - KA FAL conversion

judgeman

The objective of Project Wild Geese is to convert a carbine-sized King Arms FAL into a Para inch-pattern FAL using as many real steel parts as possible.

rR9svx8.jpg

This will be infrequently updated as I am currently working on two other projects, a M14 and a HK69A1.

Step one of the project will be a lengthening of the fore-end using small bits of plastic or metal pipe and a DSA Arms foregrip.

Yes, but I still have to lengthen the outer barrel to accommodate the new foregrip.

As far as the gas tube, I may leave it cut as to accommodate a battery in the foregrip as I plan to put a DSA folding stock on.

King Arms can supply the new lower you'll need for the para stock. Mine broke but they managed to get a new one to me for $40. I don't know if this eill fit a real steel stock as-is but it should be some fine with some fettling.

I remember the days I didn't have a lathe, but even then I wouldn't hack job the outer barrel right down the middle.  Inner barrels have to be aligned to the outer barrel, as any bends or pressure to warp the inner barrel will offset the BB.

Eproxy and PVC isn't rigid enough to stand the rigors of airsofting, unless you are talking a heavy BAR of it.  Otherwise alu or steel tubing would be far better to keep frontend in place, OR carbon fibre rods if you want lightweight.

Still, centrally aligned outer barrels, critical to accuracy.

Archived