Current Industry Trends

RC-1138

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of that had to do with HK (aka china) and Taiwan (again, china, depending who you ask, that's a can of worms tho), putting huge disclaimers about anything from mainland china being garbage and them not warrantying it or taking returns on it. Its all about market protection, not about quality. Quality is equally *suitcase* as they all use the same materials and horrible machine work.

But now with many mainland china places finally making it direct to market, people are realizing its not that different if any. Also, they figured a lot of the stuff from HK was just rebranded mainland stuff for 4x the cost (optics, especially)

I saw some video reviews of branded airsoft and the owners usually talked about opening up the gearbox, change hop up and inner barrel to tweak this and that. Don't remember which video or which brand. I always thought that if you already paid so much for an airsoft, it should come shimmed and have all the best parts inside it but it doesn't seems like it.

IMO, I buy a China made for 1/3 or 1/2 the price. Open up the gearbox, shim, change spring, hop-up, inner barrel and basically, just replace most plastic parts to metal if needed and I am done. Especially after market upgrade parts are so affordable nowadays. But I am not against branded airsoft even tho I feel some are simply overrated. I do have a few branded ones in my list to get.

Anyway, what happened to Classic Army? It's like they got wiped from the market, there's Marui, ICS, G&G, but CA? Gone!

Tapped out with Tapatalk.

CA is still around but just not as popular nowadays.

Archived