Sticker for HK 416C/D & M27 & KAC LMG markings

chas

https://es.scribd.com/document/353566610/416-M27-KAC-LMG-markings

As the title suggests I own a Dboys HK416D and two Specnas, a 416C and an M27 (on the way).

When I started off in this hobby, I didn't care bout metal bodies, markings or accesories, but since I have become a collector more than a player, looks is what I primarily care about. But, since I spend approx. 500 euros a month on airsoft stuff (I mainly buy ACM or second hand "good" brands) I cannot afford (and do not care enough) to buy the really expensive stuff, like VFC/Umarex, with markings.

Point being, I'd rather buy 3 guns that are pretty nifty (Dboys, Specna) for the price of 1 almost perfect (VFC or aftermarket parts).

Anyway, I am pretty bored at work right now and the blank black metal bodies were bugging me, so I decided to make my own stickers and I am fairly happy with the result. The gun as well as the background of the stickers are so dark that they blend in nicely, you must hold the guns at certain angles to notice the markings are stickers, Of course you know they are and you can see that when your are holding the gun, but not enough for me to spend much money on aftermarket bodies.

I also made some stickers for my Bolt SR-47 and CA LMG.

I made everything in Word and MS Paint, so you can change the size of the markings yourself should you want to (the logos as well as the text. You can also change things like the serial numbers.

You will notice that the K in the logo has some weird pixels in the top right arm: this is because I donwloaded a full-white logo and painted the interior white pixel by pixel on MS Paint. Also, I was unable to align the "BA" with the proof marks, but I can live with that. Hey, Im a man who rather prints his markings insted of spending 100 bucks on a marked aftermarket body: obviously I don't care much for detail.

EDIT: I cannot get the main M27 markings to align properly. If you want to print those, simply go to the some of the other ones and substitute "HK416C/D" with "M27".

BTW: they look better once printed out than on the screen, much sharper.

All you have to do is buy some sticker paper at a paper supply store or a copy shop (I got 100 sheets for 8 euros, so 8 cents a pop) and print them on a decent printer, I use the one at my office.

Cut the markings out with an exacto knife (use a metal ruler for straight cuts). Clean the surface you want to stick it on, let dry and then apply.

VERY important to make them look the part:

1. Cut really closely to the marking; the less background you have, the less noticeable it is that it's a sticker. But only cut squares.

2. Look at online pictures to determine the right position. Also, make sure that they are on absolutely straight. If they are offset or off-angle by just a bit, you will notice it and it will bug you. But these are cheap, if you are not happy, do it again.

3. Once you have peeled it of and put it on the gun you will probably notice a white edge on the sticker. Carefully paint the edge with black marker. I used an Edding 1200. Wait a few seconds then wipe the painted edges outwards. This will make the sticker blend with the gun much better.

Ill post pictures tonight or tomorrow. I will also do a side by side comparison with my Umarex 417 (only because there is no chinese clone), so you can judge how good or bad they look.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived