JAG Precision "Scatergun" Vs. Secutor "Velites"?

AG1212

I was asking myself the same about the differences between them. Since i do not have a shotgun for myself and i am really wanting to get one i am still searching for a gas one. Considering the ksg aswell but it is a bit higher in price....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5823 met Tapatalk

Golden Eagle OEM. They are supposed to be better materials internally then Marius, unsure of externals, but my breacher got dented from a bb on outer barrel so..

Also 1/4 the cost + gas tube?!

Going to check one out at a store Wednesday. Will follow up

Most likely Jing Gong / Golden Eagle OEM.

I have this one, 120$. it's a mistery to me how these are not more popular, given that they are actually better than the original Marui (at least in the beginning, everyone was complaining about 6-mode only feeding 5 BBs).

Great Buy.

http://cop9gun.com/prshop/en/other-airsoft-series/1178-golden-eagle-m870-gas-powered-shotgun.html?search_query=m870&results=15

The main thing that put me off getting one was that I knew they would release a version with the buffer tube and pistol grip and I VASTLY prefer that to the standard shotgun stock.

Seems the rebranders have gotten them in first though.

The main thing that put me off getting one was that I knew they would release a version with the buffer tube and pistol grip and I VASTLY prefer that to the standard shotgun stock.

Seems the rebranders have gotten them in first though.

Makes me wonder, when will they get around to copying the Breacher?

Makes me wonder, when will they get around to copying the Breacher?

That is the right question to make.

Ive looked into building one with a JG full size and spare breacher parts, but it comes out to about Marui price, and I just don't wanna spend that money when I know (I hope) a clone breacher is (should) be around the corner.

Checked one out yesterday, (side saddle and gas rail thing on outer barrel, and gas buffer stock)

Pretty hefty, felt nice and solid. Finish reminded me of the metal cyma, think TM still has a better finish externally imo. Comes with 6 shells which is nice.

Didn't rack it because it was nib at a store, but holding it was nice, felt right, just to long for my taste.

Will wait for a breacher model.

• 1 month later...

Can't believe i registered 13 years ago and just posted twice before.

I have disassembled a Secutor G3 as I bought it just to do so. I like gas shotguns (own a M870 and KSG) and wanted to see if these Secutor liars will trully show up with a decent product.

I tried to make some videos in both english/spanish at the same time but it ended up being a bit confusing for most of the people I asked so, sof far my videos are in spanish only. If i manage to have some time (pretty busy fixin the gun now) I will translate it.

External build is quite good for it's price, more than what I was expecting for a mid-low cost airsoft gun: painted body, CNC made anodized buffer tube, decent stock, nice sound sand the handgun actually feels better than the TM to me.

Outer barrel wobbles more than a TM (i found out that the screws that lock the outer barrel to the body were loose).

Internal (gearbox) build is good meaning that everything moves smoothly, no sharp edges on plastic parts, acceptable amount of grease. Loading arms are painted and I am sure the paint in the slots for the loading lever will make a big mess when the paint wears off.

Internal (pneumatic) build is quite poor, my velites g3 was venting gas directly on the first gas load and later on seemed to retain the gas but could hear some leaks here and there. As i completely took it down today i found out that the stock body is painted on the inside and that soft paint (even loctite degreaser removes it) eventually goes into the valve. Stock body is quite prone to leaks as the seals are just tightened with the screws and no sealant is used for the threads (needs gasket sealant imho).

Main valve was full of dry grease and dirt, leaked after cleaning and found out that the two seals on the piston did not fit properly.Tried to polish the piston housing in my lathe and changed one of the seals for a tighter fit but still leaks (much less).

Performance was poor as my gun had barely no hop effect, I found out that the inner barrels were full of dirt and metal bits and also full of scratches -> WTF SECUTOR! I just fitted some aftermarket barrels.

We have tested 4 of these replicas so far and all of them except mine shoot straight up to 20m or so and then one bb falls down, another goes up vertically like a rocket and the last one goes straight as it should.

These guns we have received need to be reworked to be skirmishable  unless you are looking for engagements at short distances.

Not worth unless you have the knowledge or know somebody who can mantain/upgrade it for you.

If the issues below are solved, it would be a good purchase:

-Leaks to be fixed

-Barrels to be replaced

Shall you guys find it interesting to watch my videos (sorry I am no youtuber) here are some:

http://www.facebook.com/DRTAirsoftLab/

Forgot to tell: TM compatibility!

Gearboxes seem to be pretty much the same thing

Nozzles-hop chambers seem to fit

Same for external barrels, I have fitted a G&P aluminium barrel.

Stocks are not a straight fit, neither the secutor stock body on  the TM nor the TM stoock  on the secutor body fit properly, seems to need some milling (just found it out 1h ago, will let you know)

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived