Elite Force H8R Revolver

Wingman

First of all, please understand that I am not declaring this to be the finest revolver you can find on the market. However, it could be the most "fun" revolver on the market!

I was buying some parts for a new TM G17 build and I needed to add something to get the dollar amount up for free shipping. I was looking for something different. I found the Elite Force H8R Revolver for $64.95. Looked interesting (I love revolvers), checked out some video reviews, could live with its limitations and put it on the list and placed the order.

3 days later, I get my package. I checked the parts, all there. Then I pulled out the H8R.

Obviously, this pistol does not exist in the "Real Steel" world. It's kind of Sci-Fi futuristic looking with it upper and lower rails and "non-rotating" cylinder. I can see a red-dot sight and maybe mini-launcher or a flashlight sitting on this thing. Other than the hammer, trigger, disk locking bolt and internals, it is all a heavy duty plastic (almost feels like thick nylon) and it is solid. Not a single rattle.

The more I check it out the more I like. Gassed it up (the tool for putting the C02 bulb in the grip is built right into the grips interior), loaded one of the five 10 shot disks/magazines that come with the revolver and proceeded to shoot.

There is no hop-up! Using Matrix .25 bb's, I was able to hit my usual target (plastic gallon milk container) with 9 out of 10 at 75 feet. I could make hits at 100 (not many), but I Knew this would likely be the case. Quickly loaded all the disks and kept on shooting and reloaded them all again Its just super easy and fast to do (thank goodness no shells). This thing is just plain fun.

This is for "in close, room to room, last ditch, down and dirty,face off, OK Corall style" airsoft fun. Not target shooting or sniping. Double action trigger is hard but relatively smooth and the single action is actually pretty good. Sights could use a little work and I have a couple of idea's on that. 

Discussed this with one of my sons and he agrees that it would be fun to get a group together and everyone has to use just the H8R. You could add anything you want to it, but this was your only weapon. Everyone is on the same playing field (sort of like the original paint-ball games with pump guns, before all the latest gadget guns). Last man standing is due to skill (and luck). Not just high priced gear.

So, whats your opinion? Maybe add springer 3 shot shotguns to the battle? I think it could be interesting as well as fun. We shall see.

Oh yeah, I ordered a mini-launcher (lol).

Archived