Changing / Fixing The Point Of Impact On My Scar L

Marc.RG1

Hi All.. default_smile.png

Ok before i do what i normally do a try my different techniques of changing the POI, i thought i would ask you to see if any of you have had the same issue and come up with ways of sorting it..

So basically at 22ft my Scar L GBBR will shoot about 1.5'' to the left of my point of aim when using the standard iron sights, with my rear sight fully adjusted.. i would like to solve this, now i have visually finished my 2nd hand scar i will start working on the internals etc, so i will be changing the hop rubber, maybe the inner barrel, but as the scar l has a different type of hop unit and arm etc then im used to i was wondering could that be causing the problem. im sure ill get up sorting it but i alway lik to hear other people thoughts and opinions and experiences too..

Happy Shooting..

All the best, marc..

Hello mate thanks for your reply..

Yeah it's consistent all round to be honest..

Power wise although a tad lower then I was expecting but that's kind of good anyway to be honest it's around 317 - 320 fps with 0.20g and the power stays consistent..  Grouping size wise it's not too bad at all around 2" at 22ft, so I'm happy with that, but yeah just fires left of POI,, 

First test I'll do then is accuracy test without the flash hider to check it's not clipping, but I'm pretty sure that's nor happening. And I've had the barrel out it don't look bent and rolls straight but I'll double check I have some tube I can slide down the barrel to check more precisely if if bend or not.. 

I'll change the hop rubber, and I'll do this all in stages rather then in one go, I might even remake a hop nub that sits under the arm..

Just finished visual customization so some internal work now will be good fun. :)

Thanks again for your reply and help..

ATB, Marc

Yeah I remember this ages ago mate, nothing wrong with the screws in mine yet the barrel/hop housing is strongly fixed and the screws don't come loose, because you, I think it was you as well as a few others said about though screws I check after every use and to be honest the guns not been used much, by me anyway and after looking at the internals by the last owner either..

And like I say grouping wise the gun is very consistent and had nice tight groupings, it just fires off to the left..

ATB, Marc.

Not directly related but I wanna add what happened to (one of) mine:

the tabs in the hop chamber holding the inner barrel "upright" deformed causing the window/nub pointing at 11 o'clock position, while it looks fine when I put them into the chamber, it shifts when it's tightened and BBs fly in a banana path to the left

frustrated as hell, I grind the tabs smooth and just eyeballed the alignment when I tighten it, not the best way but works for me

Archived