Flashbang Gas Canister / Charger And Info For You

Marc.RG1

Hi all..

The other day i got myself a flashbang gas charger, its looks quite cool and to be honest its a lot more solidly built then i thought it would be..

VVelAqFh.jpg

kgqgADgh.jpg

Function wise its not too bad, i personal dont thing it fills mags up quite as efficiently as when done directly from a green gas or pure propane canister, but it worked ok..

When i first tried it on my pistol magazines it was barely even filling them up, most of the gas was escaping, at first i thought it might have been faulty but on closer inspection i noticed that the fill nozzle hole on the flashbang gas charger was nearly twice the size of the hole on the fill nozzles on standard green gas and propane adapter nozzles, as you can see in this picture..

jxR8tcwh.jpg

So when trying to filly a pistol magazines (TM and WE) that have small thin fill valve pins the gas was escaping and not filling the mags barely at all..

But the Gas blowback rifle magazines have a slightly larger fill valve pin so filling them was just fine as they fill the hole in the flashbang gas charger fill nozzle, this is hopefully not an issue for the pistol mags though i have just ordered an abbey fill nozzle extension piece, so i can them put that on the flashbang gas charger nozzle and fill pistol mags with it..

Ive not heard this info before so it would be interesting to know how many other people have come across this?.. I will have to include all this info and demonstrate it when doing a video on them..

Happy Shooting All..

ATB, Marc..

I have one of these exact ones.

For your reference, you can dismantle the top valve for cleaning and re-greasing and the bottom valve is identical to the KJW pattern valves in case you ever need to replace them.

I have one of these exact ones.

For your reference, you can dismantle the top valve for cleaning and re-greasing and the bottom valve is identical to the KJW pattern valves in case you ever need to replace them.

hi mate thanks for the info, yeah the first thing i did when it arrived was strip it and lube the o-rings etc..

forget the canister, that battlecat stole the thread.

ive thought about various canisters over the years but I found out the smaller a canister you transfer gas from, the more issues you run with - typically not enough pressure to charge the mag fully. so I just use the ugly cans and keep them out of sight and out of body

forget the canister, that battlecat stole the thread.

ive thought about various canisters over the years but I found out the smaller a canister you transfer gas from, the more issues you run with - typically not enough pressure to charge the mag fully. so I just use the ugly cans and keep them out of sight and out of body

Thanks mate, that's one of my custom builds, I did the full build on my YouTube channel if you want to see it and the list of parts etc, got a few new bits to go in soon too. :)

Yeah it's a shame about the gas chargers, I though it could of been handy for when using pure propane save me taking a canister just for a few mags shooting, but I thing your right they just don't do a great job, usable just not very good more of a gimmick aren't they..

ATB Marc

• 2 months later...

Used the very same model for a good few yrs , yes it didn't charge my pistol mags as full as direct from the propane canister but it certainly put enough in to completely empty the mags at least once (can charge 3-4'ish mags from it) , so I was more than happy with mine .

Archived