"Conspiracy Theory" - Cybergun + WE = True ?

NonEx

This is kind of serious and kind of not but I just had a really strange "premonition" if you will... 

We know from recent posts that the two upcoming hot-off-the-press releases from WE, Desert Eagle and Thompson, are going to be licensed by Cybergun.

They have also been shown a lot for some time now first without Cybergun involvement and then with, and then it's been quiet for some time. Even though both items have been stated as "Coming soon!" and "Pre-orders available" etc.

The Desert Eagle was supposed to hit retailers mid August according to the latest posts. And we are now getting close to the end of August.

Anyways. The main point I am trying to make here is, based on the above, we see that Cybergun is moving in on WE to some extent already (my guess would be more or less forcefully with the help of their fantastic lawyers). My "premonition" is, Dog forbid, that Cybergun is in the process of "acquiring" WE's entire production line and brand as a final desperate attempt to get (some sort of) monopoly in the airsoft market and stay alive for the foreseeable future.

I don't know if I can live in a world where WE gets overtaken by Cybergun :(

Thoughts?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i doubt it, it's not like WE have only a few lines to get income, their product range is pretty vast now so it wouldn't work as WE could just end the problem line and bring in one of the several others they are working on.

As Cyber is cronically short of cash at the moment, I suspect that they have offered a much reduced "tithe" for WE to pay Cyber for fully traded products hoping that the sales will balance out the reduced income coming to CG.

Cybergun does not have the means to buy out WE. All they've really done (and very successfully) is threaten shops that carry WE effectively making an embargo against them. The delays I'm guessing is negotiation as to what can be distributed under and outside of the CG name. Obviously WE makes stuff which Umarex covers so it's probably getting hairy around those areas.

Hmm yeah I guess maybe a complete buy out is a bit extreme but I am worried they are pushing WE around and taking over some of their stuff and getting a cut of the profits and limiting their releases, which all in all is a bad thing. Friggen Cybercocks...

Cybergun paying WE.. whuat? :o

Or Cybergun goes "Hey WE, we have the licensing rights for these two brands. Cut us in on the action or feel the wrath of our lawyers..."

Yeah... No. Yeah, like I said, they are probably paying out the *albatross*. Maybe not upfront, but maybe a little stock share in the long run, if it all works out? I don't think they can sue every manufacture that makes their stuff and expect to produce.

:D

Hahaha!

Asian culture, must accept all gifts and show respect :P

(no offense to Asians just what came to mind)

I still don't see how Cybergun would make WE pay them for the Thompsons / Eagle... :o

Have you not seen/heard of the Cybergun Glock lawsuits and take downs and what not? It's their method of operation. And the FN P90 story, yowza.

Oh well, time will tell.

So, you think WE is doing this out of the kindness of their heart? Like I said, no way in hell they would sue the only manufacture that can get them out of the hole. No way, notta, no.

There is a reason for the Desert Eagle and Thompson being an exclusive for Cybergun. If WE wanted to, they would just release it under a different name and avoid Cybergun altogeather. They've done it before with both Umerex and Cybergun.

The best thing airsoft could do would be to ban Cybergun and Krytac guns from fields. i.e. if you turn up with one, you need to put it back in your car and not bring it back again. That's the only way we can really push back. These companies are a cancer on the industry, trying to change what has always been.

Although, speaking of the WE desert eagle, it is a little late to the game, but does anyone know what makes it different from the other desert eagles out there? I assume it will be full metal, and if it is anything like the other new guns that WE have been releasing then it will definitely be one for my arsenal, but what bells and whistles will it come with? Does anyone know what different colours will be available and will it come in different barrel lengths?

Just black and chrome right now.  No indication of any other colours.

Main thing is full metal obviously.  It does have full slide travel that no other brand replicate which is cool.  Probably the main reason I'm interested in it.  Do doubt will have a big BBU for decent recoil.

Archived