"Conspiracy Theory" - Cybergun + WE = True ?

NonEx

What hitman said on the selling points. Full metal, full travel, licensed markings also, and big nozzle for big boom :D

No word on CO2 mags that I have seen on Instagram or Facebook.

Only black and chrome for now but people are of course requesting a gold one :D

EDIT: Wait, this isn't the Desert Eagle thread. for fukks sake man :P 

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/216681-we-desert-eagle/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice the rather large disparity in price between the color models? Understandably WE's plated finish has always been more expensive, but never by this much. I'm guessing that extra padding is Cybergun's licensing take banking on the thought that more people will buy silver because shiny. So one way to stick it to them is to buy the black one instead.

So one way to stick it to them is to buy the black one instead.

Or only buy from Taiwan companies, what I've found with these licensed stuff is that the price is significantly lower when bought direct from them, like the FNX45 was $225 (still is on Redwolf), but the Taiwan price is $155, feels almost as if it's dealt straight from the factories. 

I am actually a bit surprised that the price is not higher considering Cyberguns involvement. I can't be sure but I am fairly certain that when KY Airsoft announced the first round of pre-orders for this, it was the same pricing and IIRC that was before Cybergun was on board. Because the early preview pics did not have full markings, right? :o

All things considered, compared to other recent WE pistol releases, the size and amount of angles / cuts and what not I think it is reasonably priced.

Compared to a TM + Guarder aluminum kit or a sub-par (IMO) looking/feeling KWC with plastic lower and metal slide.

Dangit, still not the Desert Eagle thread :P

So how do we sum up this topic and discussion?

I suppose it is no longer a conspiracy theory in regards to the WEagle and Thompson but more a question of how much Cybergun will control WE releases and licensing in the future? :o 

Cybergun owns a lot of licenses. Last time I looked at them all it made me dizzy. The potential is astronomical. They have had decent success with using VFC as the manufacturer but the models they have put out have been less than a miniscule fraction of all that can be released.

Also since VFC is only compatible with VFC, aftermarket is a huge issue which is killing sales...  

Since WE likes to copy marui, think about it.. full metal, properly trademarked marui clones for cheap? win win.

Hopefully without some sort of stupid licensed by rubbish ruining it.

only umarex and asg do that stupidity (and kwc but who cares about them). with umarex being the worst offender, which is why there is a distinct lack of anything umarex on my shelves.

Cybergun owns a lot of licenses. Last time I looked at them all it made me dizzy. The potential is astronomical. They have had decent success with using VFC as the manufacturer but the models they have put out have been less than a miniscule fraction of all that can be released.

Also since VFC is only compatible with VFC, aftermarket is a huge issue which is killing sales...  

Since WE likes to copy marui, think about it.. full metal, properly trademarked marui clones for cheap? win win.

Yes, I did consider this scenario and it does sound good. But then I think of Cybergun and I cringe :(

I personally don't mind paying a bit extra to have the correct trademarks without them being bastardised in some way. But....in doing so I would also want my toy gun to live up to the trademark. I don't mean that I expect it to be flawless, but if I buy a car with a silver lady on it I expect it to at least work like a rolls Royce. The full travel slide on the Weagle is a perfect example, please make the dimensions correct to the real gun and not just made up close enough will do, and make it work pretty well, which I am positive that being WE it shall, and I will be a somewhat poorer but happy man.

Archived