Marui M870 Clone: New Versions

chas

I'm not sure if everyone's heard of the original clone: a 100% copy of the Marui gas system 3/6-shot M870.

I bought mine like a year ago, still running fine, no misfeeds in either 3- or 6-shot mode, superlight, full metal, no bulging gas container... might need to change O-rings on it, though. Fantastic gun, paid 120$ for it and one of my best airsoft buys, compared to both low-end and high-end products.

Anyway, Golden Eagle (Jing Gong or whatever) have now released an updated version with an extended ammo tube for just 87$:

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p35807/Golden-Eagle-M870-Tri-Burst-Gas-Pump-Action-Shotgun-(Black)/product_info.html

Regular ammo tube version in tan and black furniture:

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p35806/Golden-Eagle-M870-Tactical-Gas-Pump-Action-Shotgun-(Tan)/product_info.html

And a tactical version (M4 stock, upper rail system and extended tube, can't tell if the side shell carrier is part of the rail system or not) for just 116$:

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p35808/Golden-Eagle-M870-AR-Tactical-Tri-Shot-Gas-Pump-Action-Shotgun/product_info.html

I don't need one, but I might grab one just be able to say: I got a Marui clone for under 90$!

I should have ordered this morning: they raised the price to 110$ for the regular models and 140$ for the tactical model. I guess the original price was an error. Well still cheap enough.

The tactical version is still cheaper than either the Angry Gun or the G&P stock adapter for the marui M870.  :D 

I think that the prices are correct, it is much cheaper the product anything in CN. The stock version is around 110$ everywhere so the tactical version also good for 140bucks. I'm looking forward for the cheap replacement parts for TM M870 by the chinese because the weak internal, plastic shell is crazy expensive at this moment - I need to buy a GE M870 to replace it which is a joke.

As I know, Secutor also do some customization on GE shotguns like this. So I think the chinese got idea from them which means there will be more custom made versions in the following days...

I should have ordered this morning: they raised the price to 110$ for the regular models and 140$ for the tactical model. I guess the original price was an error. Well still cheap enough.

The tactical version is still cheaper than either the Angry Gun or the G&P stock adapter for the marui M870.  :D

OK. The black/extended tube is now 110$ and the tan one is 99.44$. What a rollercoaster.

I think that the prices are correct, it is much cheaper the product anything in CN. The stock version is around 110$ everywhere so the tactical version also good for 140bucks. I'm looking forward for the cheap replacement parts for TM M870 by the chinese because the weak internal, plastic shell is crazy expensive at this moment - I need to buy a GE M870 to replace it which is a joke.

As I know, Secutor also do some customization on GE shotguns like this. So I think the chinese got idea from them which means there will be more custom made versions in the following days...

Don't get me wrong: I was complaining about the price changes, not the prices themselves. A regular model is well worth 200$. The tactical could easily go for 300$ and it would still be a fair price.

Mind you, I have never held a marui one, but reading about the problems that many had out of the box, I don't see why this clone should be a third of the TM price. Marui's finish seems nicer, though.

I have a TM M870 but I have a lot trouble with it, just see my list bellow.

- broken internal plastic shell (impossible to get replacement)

- broken pumb-arm (70$ for a steel one or 20ish USD if you find a stock one)

- broken nozzle and hopup chamber (WiiTech is around 110ish, finding a stock is clearly impossible too)

- it is leaking all the time after the sealing o-rings lose the grease or silicone oil on them (I designed a new valve nest and stock connector part which solved the problem completely now)

Now I bought more as the stock, original TM M870 which isn't too big deal. For example I have less problems with my PPS M870. I don't recommend the TM because they can cause a lot s*ck sometimes and I read the same experiences with it around the world. Or you can buy one but use it with weak gases, like 134a. This gun is great for parts for example to refurbish a TM...haha...like a bad joke... :no:

Bespoke Airsoft have these in stock - not on their website but they posted this on FB the other day. Good people to desl with - James is a top bloke and one of the best gun techs in the business.

https://www.facebook.com/bespokeairsoft/photos/a.541143512677526.1073741828.525289064262971/803379899787218/?type=3&theater 

I think I will buy one of these but I have the right budget for this a 2 month later. I ready want to refurbish my TM M870.

I hope that they will do the same custom project on the standard springers too. It will be nice to see also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived