GHK SIG SG 552 GBBR

renegadecow

Doesn't it not cycle at all on a G&G?I have the body of a G&G 553 that I was going to use as a possible gas conversion (unnecessary now of course), and the rubber on it seems like it would tear off pretty easy if the bolt were moving all the time rather then just for hopups adjustment.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an AEG and a non blowback version but when you rack the bolt and have the handle go through the dust cover, it's able to go forward on its own spring unhampered by the rubber. It's only a dust cover, not a seal so it's not really meant to be super tight against the charging handle. As for the G&G material, more durable rubbers could be used if hat is insufficient. Maybe cannibalize the rubber off windshield wipers or something since those can tale a lot of abuse while at the same time are slick.

Seriously doubt the rubber would slow down the bolt to a significant degree, that is it doesn't have to be that tight, and you get durable enough rubbers. If they were smart they'd make it replaceable rather than riveted to the receiver. Not that the bolt will go far back enough on the GHK for that to matter.

As for ROF on full-bolt-travel guns, the WE g39 has a very high rate of fire. I don't think it's that big a deal, I don't use full auto on GBBrs, I'd much rather have full bolt travel and a slow ROF.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, GHK do it sensible and make it full travel but shipped with a short-stroke buffer. That would be the best of both worlds.

That being said, I'm sure they won't, because if there's one thing that airsoft manufacturers love to do, it's not be sensible.

The actual sensible thing is what they're doing. Why design a variable system, just opens to more flaws. GHK has shown they are more committed to performance and durability. 

The actual sensible thing is what they're doing. Why design a variable system, just opens to more flaws. GHK has shown they are more committed to performance and durability. 

Because what I'm suggesting is easy to do and allows people to do what they want without introducing more flaws - in fact, it would make the system MORE reliable by making the buffer a redundant part.

• 4 months later...

I saw it at IWA, the only existing prototype so far. Acc.to RWA it should be released during second half of 2018 if I remember well.

The feel of all materials used is superb, steel, high quality plastics etc. Did not have a chance to shoot it, but it seemed the bolt is full travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it at IWA, the only existing prototype so far. Acc.to RWA it should be released during second half of 2018 if I remember well.

The feel of all materials used is superb, steel, high quality plastics etc. Did not have a chance to shoot it, but it seemed the bolt is full travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard the one they had at IWA snapped it's stock - hence the GHK video showing their 'improved' stock.

Also, it's not full travel.

While im still pretty excited about the 553, that SVU in the redwolf video was pretty nice as well. Looks like a WE, Which is fine i suppose. The WE SVD was decent enough.

yup, Bear Pawn's SVU is custom-build on WE's SVD. It's already in pre-order at wgcshop, alluminum version is 650USD while steel one is 1100, iirc. 

The WE SVD is my favourite gun, but it has a ridiculous design bug, with the mag well being a tad too long for the mags, which cause them to wobble, therefore a lot of venting, inconsistency, mild recoil, crappy accuracy and range, all sorts of lock back issues, etc. The fix is just as ridiculously simple: anything that pushes the mag back to sit flush with the valve knocker unit (normally 3 layers of electrical tape do the trick) fixes literally everything, and turn that gun into a true beast capable of outreaching any other DMR with top tier accuracy and the kick of a real .223. Seriously, kicks so much I fear it's gonna explode at any moment, but it's still good after 3 years of constant use and abuse. 

Hope the Bear Pawn's version (and maybe newer batches of the regular WE SVD) fixes that issue. 

Yeah the SVU raised the cost of the originals by 350-400$? Thats too much imo. Also someone broke the GHK SIG's guide rod or something because the bolt wasn't going back at all, It wasn't working throughout the whole show. :P

Also someone broke the GHK SIG's guide rod or something because the bolt wasn't going back at all, It wasn't working throughout the whole show. :P

And that's just from handling the gun, not even shooting it.

I got the feeling this is far from the regular GHK quality... but hey, it's a pre-production model, and that's what they are for

• 2 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/TAF.Airsoft/posts/10157430326986521

"1. Phosphate finish steel body with SIG Dark Grey cerakote on top, baked to ISO standards, procedure involved exceeds Cerakote factory standards, similar to military versions' procedure. 

2. Stamp steel body, 98% of internal parts are steel made, extremely realistic.

3. Copies the specification of the front end completely (?), including the spring system, real steel installs directly (? doesn't specify real steel what fits directly.)

4. Small details are replicated, such as selector detent / limiter, removable trigger guard, adjustable trigger travel etc 

5. Powerful gas efficiency, using only 8kg gas you could possess performance of 12kg gas, as you'd expect from GHK magazines, 4 second charge is all you will need to murder everyone. (that's literally what it says, murder in all 4 directions lol)

General comments about it having a lot of care and design put into it for GHK fans to enjoy. 

The GHK factory has gone into final production mode, so hopefully won't be long before it's on the market."

28 minutes ago, DiscoBiscuit said:

Cerakote's website

"Sig Dark Grey

Item:

H-210Q

Dark grey/green"

Guess it's meant to be little green, but the real ones aren't Cerakoted I don't think so I'm not entirely sure what finish they're going for, this looks pretty green? 

sig553_ACOG_9641.jpg

but this doesn't:

9b3c2839ff3c58de6b75932aa0b33bc8.jpg

Archived