GHK SIG SG 552 GBBR

renegadecow

2 minutes ago, AG1212 said:

Looks grey to me, it's just the lighting. Same finish as military and older versions of SG series. My G&G has the same finish.

As long as it matches the front metal bits and barrel all is good. I like that better than the jet black, which I think is a US import thing. Like that short mag, too. I think the dude may have a 552. Whatever color it is it looks sweet...and expensive!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Man I haven't been this excited for a gun since the KWA Vector came out.  My first gun was a jg sig 552 and while the performance was far from superb, the feel of the sig was phenomenal.  Now that I own a GHK M4, I'm really excited to see the same internal quality being transferred to my favorite style of firearm.  Has GHK said anything besides "second half" of this year or summer for the release date?  I'm really hoping it doesn't cost an arm and a leg since I think they will  sell the first batch fast.

• 4 weeks later...
Batch 1? You're on the list?  

Yes :)

Yeah I agree, really wierd way of doing it, they could have listed partial order number instead of names

I agree it’s a bit iffy. But in their defence: the preorder was via a google-form/doc so there are no pre-ordernumbers or anything.
Plus, they stated they had issues with a missing ‘email’ field, so I guess they had no way of contacting the people who pre-ordered..

So it’s a good thing I noticed the facebookpost with my name in it :)

Order has been shipped. Should be around 7 to 10 days until it reaches The Netherlands.
From there on it could be 3 or up to 365+ days at customs (not kidding, I have a 2x Stark Arms Glock package at customs from KIC that's missing in action for more then a year now.. Probably confiscated, trademark issue, but it would be nice if they let me know ;D). Seeing the 552 doesn't have any trademarks, it should be no problem.

Looks like it has been renamed to 553. And it's available for anyone to order now (7 items in stock, pre-order text is gone):

https://samoon.com.tw/gbb-airsoft-gun/GHK553/ghk-553-gbbr

Always interesting to have the manual:
http://ljagtproducties.nl/ghk553/ghk-sig-553.pdf

The last page shows other types of hand guards:

handguard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping up with the Hong Kong crowd, there are a few issues with the first batch. Two biggest issues off the bat is that the sprint inside the front pin makes removal much more difficult than it should be. Pair that with the really unchangable gap between the receivers and it’s left a sour taste in some mouths.

Also, there were a few cases with the magazine well on preorder models were too narrow for the magazines and prevented any feeding without filing the shell. 

Thanks for the update, first batch orders should always sell at a discount. 

8 hours ago, Wooly_Booly said:

Keeping up with the Hong Kong crowd, there are a few issues with the first batch. Two biggest issues off the bat is that the sprint inside the front pin makes removal much more difficult than it should be. Pair that with the really unchangable gap between the receivers and it’s left a sour taste in some mouths.

Also, there were a few cases with the magazine well on preorder models were too narrow for the magazines and prevented any feeding without filing the shell. 

Thanks for the update, first batch orders should always sell at a discount. Looking forward to the reviews as it looks off the charts awesome. Hopefully they release a short mag. 

10 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I'm not a Sig expert but I'm not seeing much in the way of receiver gap.  Where is that at?

I'm not either and don't have one yet, (probably won't get one, not a big fan of GHK or their guns) that's just what I've heard so take it with a grain of salt. The is the spacing between the upper and lower where they meet.

Archived