GHK SIG SG 552 GBBR

renegadecow

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not either and don't have one yet, (probably won't get one, not a big fan of GHK or their guns) that's just what I've heard so take it with a grain of salt. The is the spacing between the upper and lower where they meet.

I got one. The magazine fits in more snug then other rifles, for sure, but it feeds perfect. It’s either this, or a ‘mag wobble’.

There is no large gap between the upper and lower. If you look at it directly from the side you can see a small space, but that looks normal. If someone is getting his panties twisted because of that little space, I’m glad I’m not that person ;D

.. that's just what I've heard so take it with a grain of salt.

I recommend people to take it with a truckload of salt.

B8A20AB1-E73E-411E-A784-95A691097568.thumb.png.8932e4d38c09819f2d79d94c2f4c26ee.pngAnd here’s another shot of the gap from Redwolf’s video. In this shot it’s more straight forward than at an angle.

This person is moving their camera around a fair bit so it’s hard to get a decent screenshot, though you can see a pretty noticeable gap the entire receiver section, not just the rear portion.

Really not hard to find at all

It’s not hard to find, no. What I’m saying it’s not that big of a gap, and barely noticable (for the normal people among us).

Just get one in hand, and you’ll see. (Or don’t, and focus on the manufacturers you do like ;p)

About the magazine, he states it’s not a problem with new magazines but it develops over time, so I’ll have to wait and see of those marks start to appear in the future. (But I doubt it, as there are currently no marks at that spot. Even after many, many, mag inserts the past week.)

On to some more interesting things of the 553:

I noticed the replica needed serious maintenance right out the box. I had to clean and ‘super lube’ the whole thing. There was a fine dust (machining leftovers?) everywhere on the internals. Even the innerbarrel was dirty. That was a bit of a shocker.

But as one should, I always take the whole thing apart to get to know the working and re-lube etc..

Once cleaned and freshly lubed, it runs smooth as silk. I’ve shot it the last two days (after HPA-tapping the mag and binding a g&g aeg SIG hicap to it). And it shoots pretty accurate on the 40-50 meter range (0.28gr). Keeping in mind the whole thing needs to run in a bit (the hopup rubber), I’m not looking to upgrade the barrel or anything yet.

I’ll probably run this for CQB only, but it looks like it can reach out pretty far. I’ll have another run with more bb weights and longer range next weekend.

22 minutes ago, LJ.NL said:

On to some more interesting things of the 553:

I noticed the replica needed serious maintenance right out the box. I had to clean and ‘super lube’ the whole thing. There was a fine dust (machining leftovers?) everywhere on the internals. Even the innerbarrel was dirty. That was a bit of a shocker.

But as one should, I always take the whole thing apart to get to know the working and re-lube etc..

^^^

Yeah, I always do that and everyone that is able to should. I don't recall ever finding metal chips or machining dust but most guns out of the box are either surprisingly dirty/greasy or simply bone dry. And the inner barrels are usually dirty/greasy out of the box from my experience.

56 minutes ago, icolater said:

That's mad!! It was a few years ago now. What was the outcome??and what did the arms cool guys say that GHK didn't like. 

In all fairness GHK do make the best gbb m4. 

A lot of the comments on the post aren’t in GHK’s favor, they ended up dropping it to save face after they realized the community wasn’t with them lol

Archived