Marui MEU Slide not cocking hammer consistently

Adiventure

Spent the morning fitting some parts and working on my TM MEU. Got it all back together having tested along the way, and realized that the trigger isn't working. Diagnosing it a bit more the issue seems to be that if I rack the slide, the hammer moves to the fully cocked position, but does not release with the trigger pull, whereas if I cock the hammer manually the pistol fires normally. Any idea what might be the cause?

Parts wise it's got a metal body kit, stronger recoil and hammer spring, and 9ball piston.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Could be the disconnecter, make sure its alowed move freely and not getting stuck between the sear and the frame and that the leaf Is pushing it with enough pressure. A good way to check is by removing the slide and cocking the trigger, then push the disconnecter all the way down and see if it returns corectly.

Now, before you go on experimenting which way to bend the leaf spring: the left most should be bent back, the middle and right most bent forward.

If it's not a case of inadequate spring pressure, it's likely the disconnector is snagging against the sear. Notice the tab on the disconnector that slips between the trigger bow and sear? It can help if you give the leading edge facing the sear a slight bevel  to help it get up into position.

Yes this is most likely the problem. Rebuild your hammer housing components and make sure the sear is as far left as it will go and all other bits can move freely inside the hammer housing. Bevel the mention part of the disconnecter and make sure the disconnecter can move up and down with ease. It's just a case of the disconnecter being a tight fit.

• 1 month later...

Archived