Popular culture inspired collection and loadouts

5 hours ago, perunanuija said:

I wanted to make a Payday 2 kit some years back, go to a convention with some buddies. That idea never took off.

Now I'm back, interested in airsoft, looking through heist movie guns. I did find a Tokyo Marui 733, but I was told TM guns have old internals that don't work as well. 

Well, it'd depend on what version of TM. They have the old AEGS, they have Recoil Shocks which are newer, and they even have their own GBBr system now, but for 733, I think they don't offer it in newer internals yet.

733 is a bit harder to find, anyway, most offer 933, the flattop body with railed front-end, you'd end up hunting for parts...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever since the Hollywood thread went to archive we don't seem to have a thread dedicated to movie, games or other popular culture inspired loadouts and collection, which accounts for the majority of t

The ultimate Escape from Tarkov Obrez (PPS based) 

Come in, Cooper, do you copy? Cooper, do you read me? Forget about Freeman, we are abandoning the base. If you have any last bomb targets, mark them on the tactical map. Otherwise, get the hell out of

Posted Images

10 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Well, it'd depend on what version of TM. They have the old AEGS, they have Recoil Shocks which are newer, and they even have their own GBBr system now, but for 733, I think they don't offer it in newer internals yet.

733 is a bit harder to find, anyway, most offer 933, the flattop body with railed front-end, you'd end up hunting for parts...

Yep I did find an Edge -model 733 from Specna Arms too. It has Rock river arms trademarks on it, looks good. I just hate the SA -stamp on the right side of the gun. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Come in, Cooper, do you copy? Cooper, do you read me? Forget about Freeman, we are abandoning the base. If you have any last bomb targets, mark them on the tactical map. Otherwise, get the hell out of there. Repeat, we are pulling out and commencing air strikes. Give us targets, or get below.

ZD2DRvd.jpg

pJbVfcZ.jpg

2Pa1ggr.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PureSilver said:

Honestly this is so good it's unreal.

I actually have a G&P M203 coming to replace this crappy S&T launcher, which will have the proper U-shaped barrel lug rather than the M4-style QD, and then the gun should be spot-on. This kit was my whole reason for buying 727 parts for my Vipertech (including significantly modifying a real A2 upper to fit), so I definitely wanted to get the gun right.

I also want to see if I can rig the backpack directly to the suspenders to replicate the lack of double straps they have going on-game. And, if I can ever find them, get a set of the green laser ballistic outserts. And maybe adapt my Smalltalk voice amplifier to work with the M40. That'd pretty much do it.

It was a pretty easy kit to put together considering basically all of it is common surplus or readily available civilian gear. The M40 is by far the hardest part to get, and even that's optional.

Edited by CatgutViolin
4 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

Interesting. What mods did the upper need to work with the VT?

• Carving out channels for the gas firing pin (valve knocker), which protrudes slightly into the upper.
  • Filing down the barrel nut threading to allow the barrel extension to sit farther into the receiver.
  • Filing out a shallow channel on the side of the receiver for the bolt catch.
  • Filing down the detent housing on the dust cover door (the bolt is a touch wider than a real one in the recessed area so it can't fully close otherwise).
  • Filing out the rear takedown pin to align with the VT lower (rear pin on the VT is very slightly lower than the real thing).

So not a drop-in fit by any means, but overall nothing too involved either.

• Like 1