WE P99 erratic hop

Xaccers

When I fire, the shots are all over the place as though the hop up is changing between shots.

If I keep firing, the first shots will be low, then gradually level out and the last few shots will go skyward.

Anyone had this before?

I'm using 0.25g Rockets Professional BBs, which work great in my AEGs, but I've not had a chance to try a different brand with the pistol.

They're very shiny so I'm wondering if they're struggling to be gripped by the WE hop up rubber.

I find that WE hop-up generally settles down after a couple hundred shots have gone through the pistol.

The only one I had a problem with was one of my Walther P-38's. I did a good clean of the inner barrel and about 100 shots later, everything was pretty good.

Girlfriend uses 0.28g rockets and has no issues. Would suggest cleaning the barrel thoroughly though, out of the box it came over-lubed with silicone oil.

Managed to get it sorted. Basically the hop is either not on at all, or on too much, with a nanometre of "just right" which probably would explain why heavier bb's like your girlfriend's 0.28g's work better in it. Will have to get me some heavy ammo :)

Pistol fires great now, got some very satisfying kills with it on Sunday.

You're definitely right about giving it a good clean too.

Archived