Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beeingmyself

Speeding fine in the UK?

'A friend of mine' did 95 miles per hour the other day over there at you guys in the UK

What size of a fine would he be looking if he got caught?

And how many points?

Anybody that can help me with a link?

ouchies if he/she gets caught. Assuming that it was a Motorway/Dual Carrigeway 

• Band B – This is for more serious cases of speeding. If you're in a 20mph zone and you drive at 31mph to 40mph, or in a 40mph zone at 56mph to 65mph, or up to 100mph in a 70mph, that'll be a Band B fine. That means 4 to 6 points on your licence, or disqualification for between 7 and 28 days, plus a fine of 100% of your weekly income.

No danger of getting a fine. Will be written off as not worth chasing.

The U.K. sucks when it comes to foreign speeding infringements, luckily for 'your friend'...!

The U.K. sucks when it comes to foreign speeding infringements, luckily for 'your friend'...!

I know two foreign drivers who were chased for their fines, one was Israeli and the other Liberian.

I was actually in the passenger seat at the times but we came to talk about the sizes of fines in the UK and havent been able to Google us to an answer

I know two foreign drivers who were chased for their fines, one was Israeli and the other Liberian.

I was actually in the passenger seat at the times but we came to talk about the sizes of fines in the UK and havent been able to Google us to an answer

No idea then. Looks like it's random then...

If I pulled a foreign driver I would issue a summons but not expect it to go anywhere.

Edit. I'm .

Yea they use a "random" system. Derp. Its more of a case of if they could be bothered or not, them off enough and I'm sure they will come after you, but if your polite and apologetic you'll probable get away with it.

His friend was doing 95 in a 70 zone. So, probably something to worry about if a speed camera caught you. But, seeing as there's been no update maybe nothing happened.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.