Umarex MP40 GBB

blobface

It was nice to see in the video someone realising just how much fun BB guns are. I wonder just how much more he would enjoy it with some really good gbbs! So far in videos the mp40 looks ok, but no adjustable hop is the killer for me, especially for a gas gun where different weight bbs for different requirements are in my experience much more important than in an aeg.

Dimity, thanks a lot, you are the first of us not just complaining about the gun but offering explanations/ even defending the thing. You just made me realize that I was just another moaner without anything of interest to say.

What the!!! this is a GBB mp40, either you go for the AEG (I would just because despite the lack of realism I prover the extra features and reliability electric guns have shown since the inception by marui solo long ago) or you get this wonderful metal thing.

Dimity, thanks a lot, you are the first of us not just complaining about the gun but offering explanations/ even defending the thing. 

Am I?  I wasn't trying to defend the thing. That gun is hideous, and worse than other were claiming. But it's a MP40. A nice gun to hang on the wall. Just like most other Wingun designs.

im kinda more interested in the magazines then i am in the gun. mp40 mags are very similar to lots of pre and post ww2 smg mags. And co2 doesnt vent as liquid when held sideways or upside down. So that makes it *reasonably* possible to make something like a gbb sten or owen smg.

No, the Lanchester was a copy of the mp28. The mp18 took luger magazines, specifically the snail type ones. The mp38 (and hence mp40) was also based on the mp28, and has a very, very similar magazine. to the point where mp40 mags can be modified to work in stens, but not apparently vice versa.

Either way it wouldn't matter. if i were make a custom gbb sten, i would just modify the magazine well and catch to accommodate the umarex mp40 mag (or machine new parts entirely).

My thought basically is to start with an ACM sten AEG, throw out the gearbox, motor, hopup and everything else in there, and fabricate all new internals. really the magazine is the least of my concerns as long as its anywhere near the right dimensions.

Im pretty sure aeg stens and aeg mp40s use the same mags too, but thats kinda irrelevant here.

Why would walther produce an mp40? That was made by ERMA Werke.

Walther also does not make the SAA.

Walther doesn't even make their own licensed p38.

The airguns that Walther actually manufactures are sporting guns for competition and small game hunting. They look nothing like real rifles or pistols. You can go on their website to see some of them.

The SAA is almost certainly made by Wingun, just like almost all of the c02 revolvers out there, licensed or not. And similarly, this mp40 is surely made by Wingun, as it shares similar components with other Wingun designs, namely the chunky, unfinished feedlip and valve section of the magazine.

Yeah, the Umarex is made by Win Gun same as the Dan Wesson, Nagant, Webley, and S&W No. 3.

I don't know about "quality piece of engineering" either. It has no hop up, uses a clamshell frame without any effort to hide those hideous philips screws, has a bloody huge safety (on a single action revolver!), and made the grip way too big so stuck with a 5 1/2" barrel so it doesn't look too bad.

Umarex's licensed P38 must be made by Walther too, and in Japan, no less!

Seriously tho, look at the side of your gun. If it says "made in Taiwan" then guess what? Walther didn't make it. If it were actually made by Walther you could be damn sure they would market the HELL out of that fact. And you could expect a big "MADE IN GERMANY" Mark on the side.

As it is, Umarex simply pays Walther a few, and slaps their name on whatever gun comes out of a random Taiwanese factory. They have nothing to do with Walther other then the logo cheaply laser etched into the side.

Also, no the Wingun argument is very valid, as the mp40 bares all of the features of a Wingun design. It even looks to use components common to other existing Wingun semiautos. Whereas the assumption that for some reason Walther makes something in a Taiwanese factory just because it has a Walther logo is just naive.

Archived