WE Desert Eagle (Licensed by Cybergun)

2ia4kkj.jpg

After a long idle of license hell the WE Desert Eagle is finally here! Only the black one tough as of now. It comes in this box.

2yl7500.jpg

The inside is pretty plain. Altough the thing that holds the pistol is better than the usual Cybergun packaging. The pistol comes with a loader, a magazine and a manual of bare minimums.

2yltfd5.jpg

Gun looks nice from the outside. Im not sure if the paint is the bestest or the worst or even close to the real deal but seems fine to me.

34exf9v.jpg

The markings are nicely made and are pretty deep tough again not sure how close it is to the real one.

The front sight seems to be on a spring, the rear one has a slide left to right movement. Pulling the trigger makes the safety move up and down slightly while in fire mode. Other than that the gun is solid.

256s8l2.jpg

The magazine unlike other pistols has a closed BB well. It's best to use the Marui pistol loader adapter for it.

Pulling the slide is pretty smooth even with the little lube it has by default. I found the return spring a little weak. Adjusting the hop happens by a hex screw just above the hop-up chamber. Turn clockwise to increase.

The gun seems to have a good shooting performance can easily shoot all the BBs. Recoil is nice tough I expected a bit more. Hop-up is okay but you will probably want to change it.

However this gun is not CQB friendly out of the box. I chronod it at 370 FPS with 0.2 BBs(XcoreTech x3200).

Sights are unpainted, it's a bit easy to move in to safe mode. Going into fire mode requires more effort. Trigger reset is short tough there isn't much travel to begin with. You have to press the magazine release pretty hard for the mag to fall out of the gun. You also have use a bit of force when inserting it.

15mldsk.jpg

Hammer after about two magazines.

2lne4hu.jpg

There is very little steel in this gun. Outside of the recoil spring rods, only screws and pins are steel.

x1hudl.jpg

Ditto for the upper. There is a rubber in the front of the slide where it meet with the outer barrel during shooting.

sxm1rr.jpg

Disassembling the upper is easy. 4 screws on the bottom of the BBU and two on the safety levers. The top of the BBU holds the rear sight in place. When reassembling do not screw in the bottom 4 until some parts of the safety is in place. Intrestingly I noticed that the nozzle doesn't seem to have a very good sealing at least I didn't get any resistance when pushing it with all the holes shut. The nozzle rubber even feels smaller than it should be. On the other hand I had no performance issues and the FPS is already very high.

21bpqu.jpg

The hop-up assemby is hold by a single large pin. Hit it from the right side.

215sba.jpg

It uses a normal VSR/marui pistol rubber this time, tough the mound is similar to a Maple Leaf one. The nub is AEG like. Inner barrel length is 132mm.

And that's all I got at this moment. Hope it helps.

• Like 5
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a long idle of license hell the WE Desert Eagle is finally here! Only the black one tough as of now. It comes in this box.     The inside is pretty plain. Altough the thing that holds the p

After deciding I wasn't happy with the finish on the silver one I had, I went and ordered another. Here's a comparison of two WE Desert Eagles plus a real stainless steel one. tRaIn LiKe YoU

Alrighty, I just received the KimPOI grips. No fitment was necessary; there's about half a millimeter of gap at the very top on one side but it's not really noticeable. Overall they look and feel quit

Posted Images

Awesome review, thanks!

So it's pretty much an M4 :P lol  Really great they have that kind of hop ups with AEG-like nubs and VSR buckings and barrels, means you can use the full Maple Leaf combo :D

Intrestingly I noticed that the nozzle doesn't seem to have a very good sealing at least I didn't get any resistance when pushing it with all the holes shut. 

Those types of seal cups expand at higher pressures. So doing that test slowly will provide no seal at all, but doing the exact same thing only much faster you'll see far better compression than in other type of seal.

• Like 1

If you are having problems with the FPS being too high, you can reduce the output energy by putting a restrictor disk in front of the flute valve in the nozzle.

Between the back of the nozzle and piston head, normally, so the valve sits closer to the closed position.

Also, a weaker valve spring or weaker hammer spring would do the trick.

Is there any other way to do this?

Between the back of the nozzle and piston head, normally, so the valve sits closer to the closed position.

Also, a weaker valve spring or weaker hammer spring would do the trick.

Is there any other way to do this?

Nope, I meant FG-Airsoft's LFS discs, some sort of CNC shims that goes inside the nozzle output part, right in front of the floating valve return spring, which restricts the nozzle output diameter, and therefore, the FPS. 

Supplementing the floating valve at the back by gluing a shim there usually works OK too. 

Weaker hammer springs normally don't change a thing, except rendering your gun unable to open the output valve at higher pressures. As long as the hammer has enough strength to open the valve, you can't change the FPS with the valve spring, the output valves return springs, or the floating valve return spring, as the valve can only open so much and stays open on by the valve locker. Spring tension has nothing to do with how much gas is expelled out of the valve, but even then, gas output has little to no effect on FPS due to the floating valve itself compensating pressure with volume

Edited by Dimitri MdP
  • Like 1

That is brilliant thanks. I assume from looking at those pictures that the dummy barrel part is a square hole that goes in so far then has the inner barrel, similar to tm. The very good HFC version starts big at the bullety comey out end and tapers in until it reaches the inner barrel. I hope that my description makes sense. I really like the HFC tapered hole, but it doesn't have dummy rifling.

Still resisting the urge as I want a silver one first, then I shall get a black one.

I thiiiink I understand your meaning... if so the WE barrel is similar to the HFC in that it's circular and just tapers in from the muzzle into the inner barrel.  

In good news, the Hogue finger-gooved rubber grips fit!  I've been sitting on these Hogue grips for years just knowing that eventually I'd buy another Desert Eagle after my remorse from selling my EHA "custom" Gaurder MBK'd Tokyo Marui.  

To remove the stock grips there's a circular hole in the bottom of the grip that's got a spring loaded plunger.  Just need to find a punch or something similar and push it in while also pulling back on the grips.  Doesn't take much force, once the plunger area clears the frame the grips slide back.  

U9IoJQn.jpg

vMWJC25.jpg

LhYN38B.jpg

HHrgR6s.jpg

The Hogue grips aren't a 100% drop in fit and will require some fitment with a dremel to get them to sit flush and allow the magazine to fit in without rubbing but I'm not worried.  My gun as she currently sits:

q0JMPRq.jpg

u8wrJaX.jpg

The Hogue grips have a hole drilled into the side (similar to some of the factory Magnum Research grips) and include a piece with screws to allow the grips to properly secure.  Thankfully the WE's frame does not block this hole and I'm confident (again likely with some small fitment) that the piece in the picture should be able to fit in there and secure the grips.  

7ic5oRa.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah they definitely are a good bit wider than the standard grips.  I've got bigger hands so it's not an issue.  I'm pretty stoked these fit, especially since very TM I've ever owned that had TM's attempt at copying the Hogue grip styles just never felt "right" to me.  

Oh, and for the record these grips are a 98% drop in fit, in case anybody wanted these and was on the fence about them.  They're secure on the gun now as they sit but obviously nobody wants to have a magazine that won't drop free on its own and that gap on the back strap.

Kind of hoping that either WE or the aftermarket releases a 10" barrel so I can swap between the two.   :D

• Like 1

I noticed something and am not sure if it's a big deal or not.  I've been out of the Airsoft game for a few years now so I dunno what WE has been up to as far as upping their game with new products, but I believe I have found that the WE Desert Eagles each have a unique serial number.  

The KY Airsoft page won't let me link the image directly but here's the page and you can see there that the frame of their Desert Eagle says "20160520": https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-cybergun-licensed-desert-eagle-50-cal-gbb-pistol-with-marking-black-42224

Ehobby Asia product image:

cyber-mag-wede-gas_7_mark.jpg

My gun:

yKMTDWn.jpg

Edited by -Clover-

Unique serial numbers are always cool. But, in some instances it is not.

Can't recall any other recent WE guns that have had that. But then again I have not bought a WE gun in a long time.

If multiple parts on the gun are marked with the serial number, and an aftermarket kit/part is released, it is impossible to match it to your original gun :o

It actually looks really good, I'm being more careful about my purchases these days, have so many guns just lying around gathering dust, some worth over a thousand euros, Iv probably spent around €50000 on airsoft guns over the last 10 years. But I just might have to get this maybe ...........ahhhhhh

Sorry for the picture heavy post guys, but here is a little comparison between my Guarder kitted TM Deagle and my WE Deagle :)

For the 135 usd pricetag this gun is worth every penny :) Nice finish, full cycle blowback with a great kick, no wobble, disassembles like the RS is just of the few positive things about this pistol. On the negative side, the engravings and the rail cuts on top is pretty shallow, the safety moves a bit when you press the trigger and the grip feels a bit cheap, but this is some minor things... 

W7Vh07.jpg

ZGRsCg.jpg

AxoxW8.jpg

GrL8wZ.jpg

FSW1qQ.jpg

jiaInh.jpg

cijz35.jpg

JtHn7K.jpg

EBfvYM.jpg

wfytdR.jpg

sh3xN8.jpg

f0x6UN.jpg