WE Desert Eagle (Licensed by Cybergun)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a long idle of license hell the WE Desert Eagle is finally here! Only the black one tough as of now. It comes in this box.     The inside is pretty plain. Altough the thing that holds the p

After deciding I wasn't happy with the finish on the silver one I had, I went and ordered another. Here's a comparison of two WE Desert Eagles plus a real stainless steel one. tRaIn LiKe YoU

Alrighty, I just received the KimPOI grips. No fitment was necessary; there's about half a millimeter of gap at the very top on one side but it's not really noticeable. Overall they look and feel quit

Posted Images

Ah, cool, thanks!

Just realized I misread your superglue thingy that you did on the _rear sight_as the front sight, hence the question :P

Any exploded views available for this gun yet?  :o

EDIT: KY to the rescue!

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/desert-eagle-21-47373

WE has a dead link currently on their site: http://www.weairsoft.com/media/wysiwyg/de_parts.jpg

EDIT: I zoomed in and screendumped the KY exploded view interactive image and composited it in Photoshop to an image, reduced some noise, refined some edges and added sharpening :D

bTJOJhg.png

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Well... not even 12 hours after I got it. I went and did this.

bS1KAAZ.png

Why you may ask? 

And to that I say, why not? :P

Cleaning, re-lubrication, checking screws and curiosity. :D

Slide is pretty easy to disassemble.

Every screw I removed had Chinese "thread locker" on it, i.e. white hardened "glue".

Gonna paint the safety dots red before re-assembly. Not really necessary to take it apart to do but I tend to make a mess when filling in those tiny dots :P

Edited by NonEx

Notice how light the slide is? Must be aluminum for better durability but also doesn't provide as much recoil as you'd expect from the size. Also there's a huge cavity in the barrel to stuff weights in, maybe get it close to real weight of 1.9kg with enough lead.

Edited by renegadecow

Yeah I did notice that. Makes sense as you say but also I realized since the slide that actually moves during blowback is pretty limited compared to normal pistol designs it kind of makes sense from that perspective as well.

Also feeling a bit bummed out that right after I get my black one delivered the chrome model is officially released now :(

I may just have to get me a chromed out WEagle and sell of this black one :D

I am not going down that road again with my airsoft builds :P

But it does sound interesting with a steel slide I guess.

Also plus points on the chrome model that the controls look more uniform in finish to the rest of the gun compared to the black one.

Chrome XIX railed model with Hogue finger groove grip... *drewl* :)

Also forgot to say that the trigger on this is pretty mweh. Very light and mushy feel with no real break.

And, after handling the pistol yesterday I have to say the size and grip was not as daunting and uncomfortable as I first expected. Definately not small and easily "managed" in my tiny hands, but not as akward as one might expect.

Bad idea browsing for pics of the chrome WEagle, dang it looks sexhay!!! But will not do anything rash right now. Christmas times and lots of postal *fruitcage* ups bound to occur but will most likely definitively guaranteed get a chrome one :D

Edited by NonEx

More on the trigger, the real one also has no discernible break. I believe it's because it's originally intended as a target pistol where a surprise break is desired. Glass rod is more for combat pistols. Looking at the diagram, maybe it's possible to put a hard rubber buffer in front of the trigger to serve as the "wall" before break if that's more your thing. 

• Like 1

I aksed KY Airsoft about it on Facebook and they said they would inform WE of this but I highly doubt that there will be any changes to the chrome version as they were most likely machined along side the black ones but then were delayed due to the difference in finishing process.

Also don't think the shallow weaver cuts is big enough of a fook up for WE to adjust the machining process anyways.

Edited by NonEx

Happy to report that I got the slide reassembled without any issues. Probably one of the simplest and easiest designs to disassemble and ressemble that I have experienced so far.

Also had the magazine apart, nothing problematic about that either.

Going to try the frame later on and see how that goes. From the exploded view diagram it doesn't look overly complicated either :)

And I think I have a potential buyer lined up for my black WEagle so I can get the chrome one  :D

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Just in case anyone wants the original KY photo: https://www.kyairsoft.com/web/image/product.template/47373/image?unique=d20daf3

Only been skimming this thread but saw NonEx posted a zoomed in version too.  

Shame about the silver finish....  can't wait until the Spring so I can actually get out and use mine more.