WE Desert Eagle (Licensed by Cybergun)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a long idle of license hell the WE Desert Eagle is finally here! Only the black one tough as of now. It comes in this box.     The inside is pretty plain. Altough the thing that holds the p

After deciding I wasn't happy with the finish on the silver one I had, I went and ordered another. Here's a comparison of two WE Desert Eagles plus a real stainless steel one. tRaIn LiKe YoU

Alrighty, I just received the KimPOI grips. No fitment was necessary; there's about half a millimeter of gap at the very top on one side but it's not really noticeable. Overall they look and feel quit

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Anyone had hop issues? Took mine out for the first time, and wouldn't even hop .2s on max.

Disassembled and discovered the grub screw wasn't pushing the arm down at all, and was just jamming against it instead. A touch of reprofiling on the arm and removing the burrs on the head of the screw and it now works perfectly 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Guys!! This is my experience with WE- D.E.

First of all, I like this gun!, even with all the problems xd. My gun comes with a leaking magazine, i search for a good tutorial in youtube and some guys said that to prevent any gas leaking from the mag, you'll need to seal the mag with silicone gasket, so i did that very carefully! and the remedy was worse than the disease!, now i can't fill the mag fully, before it was able to fill like 12 secons and now only 7, but the leaking has stoped xd!

The second issue, the screw/pin that holds the slide release: broke in two!, so i send to make a copy made of good steel, and now works great!

The third!! This gun is semi auto, but! Some time ago, this thing is was shooting in FULL AUTO! Maybe a problem in the trigger unite, so a bought the RA-tech steel hammer, firing pin, and the valve locker, the only part that need some fit is the hammer, now with all that in place the gun shoots in semiauto again!(taking apart the trigger unite, and reassembly is a real pain in the a$$)

I dissasembly the blow back unite in 4 occasions and the fourth, one of the screws has broke.....be carefull with you'r steel parts!

The wobble inner barrel i fixed with a lathe, a full lengh stainless steel barrel spacer, so now it has more weight in the barrel! Because of that the gun shoots accurate, at 10m i can hit in the same hole.

The black mate finish is awesome! Really close to the black oxide finish and very durable too!.

I could attach in the raíl a red dot with some tricks

Some things i would like:

--better pistón head for more efficiency( airsoftengenuty has one made of carbon fibre) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Airsoft-Engenuity-WE-Desert-Eagle-Carbon-Fibre-Ported-Piston-Head/183348850075?ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F0%2Fe11051.m43.l1123%2F7%3Feuid%3D42c4a03e323f4ad397ea36cadef3911f%26bu%3D44454704116%26loc%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183348850075%26sojTags%3Dbu%3Dbu%26srcrot%3De11051.m43.l1123%26rvr_id%3D0%26rvr_ts%3D68c84d2e1660ab6134555271fffc82dd&ul_noapp=true&pageci=f09620a4-4805-4376-a89c-bbf0a321ab8c

-- a 10 inch barrel upgrade with a 20mm inner barrel índice

-- a co2 magazine

-- and harden steel parts( screws, pins, etc..)

So that's it! I left you some pics!, the gun is now with the steel parts from ra tech,and the others are from the trigger and the worn out stock hammer

IMG_20180917_145148.jpg

IMG_20180524_173105.jpg

IMG_20180524_175831.jpg

Edited by HamletV
5 hours ago, HamletV said:

My gun comes with a leaking magazine, i search for a good tutorial in youtube and some guys said that to prevent any gas leaking from the mag, you'll need to seal the mag with silicone gasket, so i did that very carefully! and the remedy was worse than the disease!, now i can't fill the mag fully, before it was able to fill like 12 secons and now only 7, but the leaking has stoped xd!

Unless you really filled the mag with gasket, the different capacity might be just due to air trapped inside. Try purgin the mags, by "filling" them for a second while pressing the release valve. Repeat a couple times with the gas can nozzle up and a couple with in the regular position. That should flush all the uncompressible nitrogen out and give you the 12s loading back ;)

5 hours ago, HamletV said:

--better pistón head for more efficiency( airsoftengenuty has one made of carbon fibre)

That's ... incorrect, to put it in soft words. The cup type piston head they have from factory is the best. There's simply no way around it, they seal perfectly under pressure, go smooth as silk after release. Despite quite some fancy piston heads out there that looks like might work better, the original design is superior to all of them

3 hours ago, Dimitri MdP said:

Unless you really filled the mag with gasket, the different capacity might be just due to air trapped inside. Try purgin the mags, by "filling" them for a second while pressing the release valve. Repeat a couple times with the gas can nozzle up and a couple with in the regular position. That should flush all the uncompressible nitrogen out and give you the 12s loading back ;)

That's ... incorrect, to put it in soft words. The cup type piston head they have from factory is the best. There's simply no way around it, they seal perfectly under pressure, go smooth as silk after release. Despite quite some fancy piston heads out there that looks like might work better, the original design is superior to all of them

So,do you think it would not be necessary to buy a fancy piston head?

Here where i live propane is ver y difficult to find, so, i can only get G.G., right now I'm using the H&K power gas, and i found this gas has a looooots of silicone oil making a mess inside the bucking, but the swiss arms gas is way better, more dry, more gas in it, i don'tknow it there's another brand like the swiss arms (more gas, less oil)

18 hours ago, HamletV said:

So,do you think it would not be necessary to buy a fancy piston head?

Certainly. Nothing beats the OEM cup seals when it comes to the 0-100 PSI use, no matter how hi-tech they look. 

18 hours ago, HamletV said:

Here where i live propane is ver y difficult to find, so, i can only get G.G., right now I'm using the H&K power gas, and i found this gas has a looooots of silicone oil making a mess inside the bucking, but the swiss arms gas is way better, more dry, more gas in it, i don'tknow it there's another brand like the swiss arms (more gas, less oil)

I get what you mean, pretty much the only brand of green gas we have readily available here is drenched in silicone oil, which makes a mess in the bucking and inner barrel totally screwing accuracy. 

Maybe you can find Puff Dino gas, that's really low in silicone content which gives it a great performance.

5 hours ago, Dimitri MdP said:

Certainly. Nothing beats the OEM cup seals when it comes to the 0-100 PSI use, no matter how hi-tech they look. 

I get what you mean, pretty much the only brand of green gas we have readily available here is drenched in silicone oil, which makes a mess in the bucking and inner barrel totally screwing accuracy. 

Maybe you can find Puff Dino gas, that's really low in silicone content which gives it a great performance.

Thanks! I will do a search for that puff dino. Here i can found this brands of green gas: valken, extreme gas by swiss arms, HK(the bad one), ultrair and oberland

8 hours ago, HamletV said:

Mm...well... I use for plinking, so, before i shoot allmost every day, like 4 full charge of gas in the mag, 64 shots X 4: like 256 shots per day, 5 days for week,  in 5 months, it's like arround 25.600 shots before start to shoot in full auto

Whaaaaa :o :o :o 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone have suggestions for removing the pin which holds the hammer mechanism in place? I've been hitting both sides with a hammer and punch and haven't done much but slightly wear at the pin. I've got everything else removed but that pin

Edit: And within a minute of me posting I managed to remove it

Edited by Wooly_Booly
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

25k rounds is a LOT. Even regular players won't get that much out of their GBBRs in a year much less a pistol in half the time. If I were you I'd just replace it with original parts but if you continue to use it the way you do then steel might actually be the cost-saving option. For the plated DE, looks like they've discontinued the older painted version as it's not in KY's list anymore. https://www.kyairsoft.com/guns/we-pistols-gbbp/we-desert-eagle-50-cal-series.html

17 hours ago, renegadecow said:

25k rounds is a LOT. Even regular players won't get that much out of their GBBRs in a year much less a pistol in half the time. If I were you I'd just replace it with original parts but if you continue to use it the way you do then steel might actually be the cost-saving option. For the plated DE, looks like they've discontinued the older painted version as it's not in KY's list anymore. https://www.kyairsoft.com/guns/we-pistols-gbbp/we-desert-eagle-50-cal-series.html

So I've got a WE Desert Eagle of my own on the way, and now I've gotten really, really confused about the finishes. Evike sells them in Black, Chrome, and Silver versions (see here). The Chrome is the same price as the Black. The Silver is more expensive than the other two.

Am I to understand that the Chrome is a painted finish that is now being retired, and the more expensive Silver is electroplated? All of the non-US retailers I've looked at have only listed Black and Silver, and reading through this thread I've seen people refer to Chrome and Silver seemingly interchangeably. I ordered the Silver one and have no idea what's actually going to show up on Wednesday.

Anyways, while I'm here, I was wondering if you or anyone else has any recommendations on must-do modifications. I saw your earlier posts about widening the hop window and polishing the chamfer, so I was going to start with those- anything else that should be done right off the bat?

Edited by CatgutViolin

Not so much as polish but my crown was visibly off center and I had to remove about 2mm of barrel just to redo it (they do a deep crown). Not something common I'm told but it's happened on 3 of my WEs now so might as well take a look. My slide stop shaft broke in half like HamletV but I think those are cases of lemons like the few reported nozzle breakages. 

Got my Weagle. Hop-up likes to hook left, so I'll need to take that apart and have a look. I wanted to reduce mine to sub-330fps, so I did a bit of testing with reducing the diameter of the nozzle (like how the FG-Airsoft restrictor disks work), but found that the backpressure it produced was increasing the cycle time and reducing gas efficiency. Reducing the diameter of the floating valve instead, via a styrene tube insert, produced the same FPS reduction but with normal cycling. That wasn't quite enough to get it consistently below 330, so I shimmed the floating valve as well, and that sufficiently reduced it.

Then, I discovered that K-Y Airsoft sells both a default nozzle set and a low-power nozzle set. Some videos show the Weagle shooting around 320 stock, so I'm assuming that's this low-power OEM nozzle set.

So, I've ordered the OEM low-power nozzle, and will report back on what effect it has. I like how straightforward the takedown is on this gun, so hopefully I'll be able to easily swap between a low-powered nozzle set for CQB and a high-powered one for field.

Also, does anyone know what the Silver finish actually is? I thought it was electroplated, but the pebbled finish and uneven application in some places suggests a spray, yet the acetone I used to remove stickers didn't touch it.

• 2 weeks later...

After testing over the last week, I've learned some things that I don't think I've seen documented.

-The hop chamber design is considerably better than many of WE's prior GBB pistols, being more or less a GBBR hop. This is a big difference from the WE M712 I have, where I eventually replaced the hop adjustment with a vertical grub screw because the stock design just didn't work well.

-Because the hop chamber is well-built, I replaced the barrel with a Crazy Jet 6.04mm (138mm length) and the bucking with a Maple Leaf Autobot, 60-degree, and am getting what I consider very impressive results. The hop-up is easy to adjust, and I'm able to get it to just a very slight overhop to maximize range. Most notably, though, it's surprisingly consistent for a GBB. This could be a sniper handgun for sure, and the barrel + bucking combo is only $38 from WGC, so it's not a huge investment for considerably better performance.

-The magazine catch isn't profiled very well. I was having to give magazines a good slap to get them past the mag catch, and I noticed it was starting to deform the metal of the magazines. I removed the magazine catch, used a file to put in a consistent 45-degree angle, and polished it with 300-grit sandpaper. Now mag insertion is much smoother.

Only other thing to note is that I have purchased an Ultradot sight, which mounts with Weaver scope rings, so I will report back on just how much modification is needed to get them onto the shallow cutouts on the WE barrel.