WE Desert Eagle (Licensed by Cybergun)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a long idle of license hell the WE Desert Eagle is finally here! Only the black one tough as of now. It comes in this box.     The inside is pretty plain. Altough the thing that holds the p

After deciding I wasn't happy with the finish on the silver one I had, I went and ordered another. Here's a comparison of two WE Desert Eagles plus a real stainless steel one. tRaIn LiKe YoU

Alrighty, I just received the KimPOI grips. No fitment was necessary; there's about half a millimeter of gap at the very top on one side but it's not really noticeable. Overall they look and feel quit

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

The Original .50 Desert Eagle scope mounts are not 20mm weavers. 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thedeserteagle/scope-mounting-woes-t4592.html

Marui sells specific Desert Eagle scope mounts back in the day...

But yeah I got mine.  Chrome plated hammer+trigger w/silver ceramic finish on the slide.

- Its heavy, clunky, but still a little bit lighter than the .44 Desert Eagle I fired, but overall its fun.  Feels on par with Guarder DE kit.

- Accuracy is good stock, with modified hop rubber it is even better.   

- FPS is pretty standard for a 6" barrel on propane @ 360fps on 0.2g or 330fps on 0.25g .

- Kick is nice, "slow" but heavy.  Its not really a double-tapping type of deal, more a long range huntin' pistol.

- Gas efficiency isn't great, but will finish a mag and a half or so.  Chopping recoil springs by 20% will increase that to 2 and a half mags per charge, increase kick and decrease impact on the outer barrel.

Fun gun, if I do go tactical with it then it would be Vest mounted w/SAPI plate, possibly in a Cmdr or TL loadout so I don't have to carry an MP7/MP9/Mini UZI or P90. 

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, 3vi1-D4n said:

The Original .50 Desert Eagle scope mounts are not 20mm weavers. 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thedeserteagle/scope-mounting-woes-t4592.html

Marui sells specific Desert Eagle scope mounts back in the day...

But yeah I got mine.  Chrome plated hammer+trigger w/silver ceramic finish on the slide.

- Its heavy, clunky, but still a little bit lighter than the .44 Desert Eagle I fired, but overall its fun.  Feels on par with Guarder DE kit.

- Accuracy is good stock, with modified hop rubber it is even better.   

- FPS is pretty standard for a 6" barrel on propane @ 360fps on 0.2g or 330fps on 0.25g .

- Kick is nice, "slow" but heavy.  Its not really a double-tapping type of deal, more a long range huntin' pistol.

- Gas efficiency isn't great, but will finish a mag and a half or so.  Chopping recoil springs by 20% will increase that to 2 and a half mags per charge, increase kick and decrease impact on the outer barrel.

Fun gun, if I do go tactical with it then it would be Vest mounted w/SAPI plate, possibly in a Cmdr or TL loadout so I don't have to carry an MP7/MP9/Mini UZI or P90. 

Chopping the recoil springs by 20%? Maybe will help to protect the outer barrel from breaking, in my deagle happen that!. Did you find any issue with that mode so far?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Kind of difficult to get a good reading since it has a faint fake rifling path inside the muzzle and it is also beveled and flared at the end. It does not have any inside threading for adapters/suppressors like most other WE pistols.

But inside with the fake rifling I got 10.4mm - 10.7mm and at the very end of the muzzle it's 10.85mm - 11.25mm 😛

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Thanx Nonex! I knew I could rely on a ultra correct answer from you : )
So basically the muzzle indicates that the caliber should be closest to .44Mag
I wonder if one could file down and repunch .44 instead of .50 ....

(I know this is a lot of work for little reward with high risk of poor result, but still)

FWIW Desert Eagle uses polygonal rifling and has a small crown. What WE did is the bore at the crown is closer to .50AE at 12mm (using calipers so a proper bore gauge may read 12.5mm) then it tapers down to the undersized fake conventional rifling. Would be easier to ream out the fake rifling smooth as polygonal rifling is hard to perceive anyway.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Cesare said:

Thanx Nonex! I knew I could rely on a ultra correct answer from you : )
So basically the muzzle indicates that the caliber should be closest to .44Mag
I wonder if one could file down and repunch .44 instead of .50 ....

(I know this is a lot of work for little reward with high risk of poor result, but still)

It doesn't worth it if you have the black one, it will exposed the silver...

For my part, I have been trying to contact the manufacturers to create another outer/inner and hp chamber with a more efficient design and improve that great defect that ends up breaking, but nobody is interested apparently ...

12 hours ago, HamletV said:

For my part, I have been trying to contact the manufacturers to create another outer/inner and hp chamber with a more efficient design and improve that great defect that ends up breaking, but nobody is interested apparently ...

Given the number of rounds needed for it to break and the few instances it's at least been reported, they probably don't think it necessary to redesign.

5 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Given the number of rounds needed for it to break and the few instances it's at least been reported, they probably don't think it necessary to redesign.

They should know that the design with the materials used are not strong enough!, and with the new co2 magazine?...it will blow up!