• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My HK51 needs some serious updating, 'tis my first ever AEG - needs a new stock after the MSG90 one was snapped in half by some *beep* I lent it to <_< What I really need however is a good RIS for it, as I have the cheapest rail system known to man on there at the moment :lol: it actually cost less than £8.00, including postage!

No idea what would work without any modifications to an MC51 body at all - anyone know of something that would bolt straight on and provide a good amount of strength and rigidity? :)

Yey cleaner and i are in the hk51 club, my box and manual are long gone though sigh

luckily. .I saved my HK51 box (as shown in the pic) but lost my manual. Nothing but the motor, outer barrel, sights are original. .I sold my Hk51 handguard and stock (since switched to G3A3 OD hardware).. .

My HK51 needs some serious updating, 'tis my first ever AEG - needs a new stock after the MSG90 one was snapped in half by some *beep* I lent it to  What I really need however is a good RIS for it, as I have the cheapest rail system known to man on there at the moment  it actually cost less than £8.00, including postage!

No idea what would work without any modifications to an MC51 body at all - anyone know of something that would bolt straight on and provide a good amount of strength and rigidity?

make sure you have the shorter stock buttcap for your HK51. .. ie CA33 or G3A3 buttcap. . NOT SG1

As for off the shelf RIS systems. . CA, Mosquito Molds and G&G all make RIS units for the MC51/HK51. No modification is needed.

But the RIS alone will not provide the strength and rigidity you really want. . that all comes from replacing the cocking tube with the CA metal one. A metal cocking tube, metal receiver and RIS will definitely beefen it all up. . if you can still find it in HK shops. .a company called Armour Gallery built a really nice one-piece outer barrel for the MC51 and SG1 length G3s. This barrel connects to the receiver and really stiffens up the entire front end.

Edited by the cleaner

I've had a poke around and I can't find the answer anywhere else, so I figure I'll ask here :)

I'm looking into getting me a G3 SBS, obvious place to start seems to be the MC51 (according to a mate...), then get a SD front end, said mate will do the mods to make 'em fit together :)

Anyhow, what I was wondering was, are there any differences between the TM MC51 and the CA Sar Offizier M41 that would stop me using the CA M41 for this? :huh:

Any insight much appreciated ;)

Cheers :D

:geek:

I've had a poke around and I can't find the answer anywhere else, so I figure I'll ask here :)

I'm looking into getting me a G3 SBS, obvious place to start seems to be the MC51 (according to a mate...), then get a SD front end, said mate will do the mods to make 'em fit together :)

Anyhow, what I was wondering was, are there any differences between the TM MC51 and the CA Sar Offizier M41 that would stop me using the CA M41 for this?  :huh:

Any insight much appreciated ;)

Cheers  :D

The only thing you may have problems with is that the metal body will be harder to mod than the plastic TM body.

Oh, CA do a complete metal SD frontend - that'd be the place to start for a SBS.

The only thing you may have problems with is that the metal body will be harder to mod than the plastic TM body.

Oh, CA do a complete metal SD frontend - that'd be the place to start for a SBS.

That's what I thought may be the only issue, Dremel to the rescue methinks! :lol: (I couldn't think of any reason why CA would make the M41 any different to a MC51 w/ RIS unit as it eliminates any kind of already available aftermarket parts...)

I was also thinking that'd be a good starting point for the front end, on the basis that getting a whole metal body from somewhere could be difficult, so starting with the M41, and getting the CA SD front end, I get the best of both worlds, add in one $15 TM G3 hop unit, and I've got one awesome gun ^_^

Saying that, I do plan to get a First Factory Silencer Adaptor so I can give it a Tracer Unit (the adaptor covers up what woud be an unsightly gap :))

The major mistake people make when building a MC51 SBS. .they use a MP5 SD front end and leave it as that. . .you really need to do further mods and utilize a G3 cocking handle. . not the MP5 SD cocking handle. Your bolt cover will not open if you use the MP5 handle.. thus, modifying the MP5 SD cocking tube with a G3 handle will allow the functioning of the bolt.

little details like that count.

Ah, I didn't realise there was a difference (I've handled MP5's but never G3's)

What kind of mods are required to fit the G3 cocking tube to the SD front end then?  :huh:

You're misunderstanding. . .

1) You utilize a CA MP5 SD front end (not G3 cocking tube).

2) you must widen the cocking handle slot on the SD cocking tube so that a G3 handle will fit.

3) you must lengthen the slot on the SD cocking tube to allow the G3 handle to move properly and open the bolt.

I'm planning on making pretty much the same thing as you, do you think you could fit a stick battery in the cocking tube or foregrip?

Thanks.

No, but you could always buy a G3 SG1 foregrip(it will fit a small battery) or a RAS with PEQ.

I tried to fit a stick type battery in the cocking tube, and with enough dremeling in there you might be able to stick a battery in there.

hmmm. the G3 cocking tube is about 3-4 inches long. . . doubt you could get a batt in there..

Mmm

You could get a Battery sling. The batt is in a pack on the sling and the wire runs all the way to the gun. My friend has one for his MC51.

OR if you realllly wanted. . . you could attatch it to the side of the tube that runs along the upper reciever. in the indent. and drill a hole through the body ><

Here's a photo of my CA Taktik Rifle II (G3 SG1 Clone). I assume this counts as a G3, as it follows the same design.

Scope setup is just temporary, as the weaver rings haven't arrived yet (embedded rings on a rail thats connecting to another rail...crazy high).

taktik1.jpg