• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard that the CA G3's have a nasty habit of the stocks breaking (the threads stripping, I think), that their hopup drum is loose, resulting in backoff; and that the upper reciever is a PITA to separate from the lower. The stock and hopup issues are really the only things keeping me from a CA G3A3 instead of a capitalist M4. Are they easily fixable? I'd much rather have a G3; I find them incredibly sexah.

I've heard that the CA G3's have a nasty habit of the stocks breaking (the threads stripping, I think), that their hopup drum is loose, resulting in backoff; and that the upper reciever is a PITA to separate from the lower.  The stock and hopup issues are really the only things keeping me from a CA G3A3 instead of a capitalist M4.  Are they easily fixable?  I'd much rather have a G3; I find them incredibly sexah.

If you go to the reader reviews section of the forums, they have a multipage discussion on the gun.

attackbeaver.... That is exactly how i wanted my G3 just in Dessy and with an ACOG (altho the Eclan has got me thinking now) ......

Really wish i never got rid of mine...... :bye2:

Bugger it.... i'm saving up again and getting another... but the CA this time and naff to the "problems" with it...... <_<

And to think i got rid just to get the Mrs her darling little MP7a1.... She does look cool tho :rolleyes:

Tah *AL* aka Lofty

the idea for the elcan came from me thinking what wasn't been used on a G3 and a scope i liked. and tada the elcan came to being.

the guns a little front heavy but the weight of the elcan does help balance the gun out a little.

next comes the internal upgrades i'll have her shotin 380 in 2-3 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fitted my g3sg1 with a Magpul PRS2 Stock...

Lots of work to put it on ,

i had to remove al the internal aloy parts from the back of the receiver wich holds the

original stock...

looks like a graveyard inside...

Battery is going inside the sling btw...

dscf0034bu5.jpg

dscf0035cv1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Can I just ask what outer barrel people are using on their G3's that brings the flash hider flush to the front sight?

I can't find a reference to it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

It's just the MC-51 flashhider on the end instead of the whole G3 outer barrel.

I'm don't think you can just take the flashhider off the end of the G3 outer barrel and use it like that, but the MC-51 comes with it flush like that.

Incidentally, I'm trying to get hold of longer outer barrel for my MC-51, cannot find a G3 outer barrel anywhere, had to resort to the HK51 barrel, which I'm not so keen on.