• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, what I did:

Take off the foregrip + stock, wrap layers of electrical tape around the parts of the body that the stock + foregrip sit up against, and re attach. It will make the fit on the stock + rear of foregrip (by magwell) tighter and should make it creak less.

I also stuffed the foregrip with eggbox foam, and put double sided tape ontop of the electrical tape where the rear of the foregrip meets the body to help hold it in place.

Nothing amazing, but it feels alot more solid now.

Hope that is clear and helps?

Thought I'd take a few snaps after "de-creaking" the SG1, feels alot more study now :)

2vkjcs2.jpg

I love my G3 :) lol

And I love the paintjob. It looked too bright on the early pics but looks amazing now. I like your setup as well, I just wouldn't have removed the rear sight.

This evening I will post some pics of mine.

If you really want to stop creaking, a back bone will do wonders. Figure out what the ID of the cocking tube rod is, and run a solid piece of metal piping or rod stock down the whole leingth of the cocking tube channel.

Allen

• 2 weeks later...

surprisingly, a lot sturdier than i ever would have expected. i had seen that their sl8 was not the same...

the only problem i have with it is that the rear stock wobbles a hair. The rear stock pin has a screw on one side that helps pinch the stock to the body, and it is tapered and when tightening it, i literally broke the threaded section off, so i had to go to Lowes and get self tapping metal screws and mount it that way. still could be tighter, but all in all the gun is pretty solid for the price tag.

hope that helps!