Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The G3K:

G3K2.jpg

stock in:

G3K.jpg

And with my C8 for size comp..

HPIM1598.jpg

It is a TM MC51 with a BE HK33 Forearm and cocking tube. I plan on building another one with a CA HK33K forearm on a CA Offizier as the base gun.

The only thing that would make this better would be a HK33 RIS. These are old pictures just forgot to post them.

Pictargraphs with old style lower? I am confused now.

Yeah that lower was on the gun when I got it, I just did some research...and I think it is from a G3SAS. I looked at the G3SAS and it has the pictograph and the Military and law enforcement trades. I love the G3 series weapons. I hope to have an MC51, the G3K, G3A3, G3SAS, G3SBS, and a G3A3 RIS.

Love this weapon..mag pouches are a pain...but whatever.

Hells Angel-

Thanks for the props. Yeah I did my research on that gun and made sure it was as correct as possible. I want to make a G3K RIS as well. And maybe a G3KSG1.

Edited by navymp28

quick question for you G3 owners;

how easy is it to switch the front-end of a G3? I mean not the inner barrel at all just the outer barrel and foregrip setup - lets say I had a G3 SAS with a tightbore upgraded to about 350fps, and also had the foregrip and outer barrel parts from a G3 SG1, say for some games I wanted to run it as a designated marksman G3 SG1 how difficult would it be to just switch those front-ends over on a per-game basis depending on the game type (woodland or CQB)?

Edited by p.briden

p.briden i feel like we have been through this before lol!

You cant really do just a lower swap unless all your uppers are long or short barreled because of the Cylinder Porting.

The only field expedient way to do it is to just have a backup lower, and to convert all the screws to pushpins so you can pop off the stock and lower quick.

Between games if you have another lower reciever and the matching barrel and hopup unit mated to it already with an extra front end., you can swap all that over in about 5 minutes( im assuming this with the new Classic Army's fitting together properly*cross fingers*, ive had a previous CA kit that once put together stayed together)

Edited by Azulsky
You cant really do just a lower swap unless all your uppers are long or short barreled because of the Cylinder Porting.

The only field expedient way to do it is to just have a backup lower, and to convert all the screws to pushpins so you can pop off the stock and lower quick.

Naw man... I do it when I have to play reduced velocity games and theirs only a marginal fps discrepancy. Not enough to get excited about, especially if I'm playing in a reduced velocity game anyway.... ;)

I completed my G3 project a few weeks ago, and, with my luck, it just so happened to fall on a time at which everyone posted some pictures of G3's and wood furniture sets.

Ah well.

CETME wood furniture

Marui G3 SG1

G31.jpg

G32.jpg

G33.jpg

Many thanks to LiquidFlorian, who assited me greatly in the preconstruction and planning process, Admittedly though, being the impulsive person that I am, I decided to ignore next to everything that he told me, and just decided to wing it.

It worked out well enough.

Thank you.

It was much simpler to do with a CETME furniture set, especially since I am running the battery externally. The only part that posed any problem was the fitting of the foregrip. I had to remove a bit from the inside of the grip to accomidate the rails on the barrel.