• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a version 2 9mm bearing gearbox. It also had five 6mm bearings along the top where the piston retracts to allow the piston to glide back and forth easily. It was pretty sweet.

I had the opportunity to buy an Anaconda, but at the time, I didn't know what it was. So I passed on it.

*fruitcage* ###### *suitcase* ###### ######

Looks trick indeed!

-Vic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is that a mod or did you buy it like that?

It's a custome build and not to difficult. I built the same rifle as Red_Dog about a month prior to his ultra sexy G3. Mine is all plastic Mauri/BE based and his is all metal pure CA goodness. We play in the same are and I have seen his K it is awsome...the battery is a huge issue though and something we are still both trying to sort out. There is not alot of room in the CA33 forearm and you can't use many batteries in there.

is that a mod or did you buy it like that?

Sorry, I haven't been here in around a month. I love my G3K. It's right about M4 length, and has the feel of a big, solid 7.62mm rifle. I find full length G3's too long, and the MC51 style too short, so the K is just right for me.

Like navymp said, it's a fairly simple build. G3's are great to work on. I started with a SAR Offizier M41 for a couple of reasons. For starters, it's easier to start with a sliding stock G3 as it already has the jumper wire to route the battery to the fore grip. Should you ever want to run a full stock, it's just a matter of unplugging the gearbox connector at the back of the gun and plugging in the wire that comes with the fixed stock for a rear battery. The other reason was that the shorter gun would come with the proper flash hider for the K build.

Once I got it, I put out a request on my local forum for a cheap CA33E that didn't need to function, I got a hit and arranged a trade. I'm a parts ###### for Classic Army guns, so I was happy to have the spare CA33 stock and lower receiver for my MP5. The CA33 upper receiver is pretty much useless if you don't need a spare one for an existing gun, so you might as well just resell that.

Once you have everything handy, separate the front ends of both guns per standard disassembly procedures. Basically you just set up the G3 hopup with the proper length barrel, mount the CA33 gas tube and barrel supports to the G3 receiver, and put the SAR Offizier flash hider onto the front sight block. The CA33 hand guard is a snug fit onto the wider G3 receiver, but it will fit without modification, and once it's on there it's SOLID.

It's a custome build and not to difficult. I built the same rifle as Red_Dog about a month prior to his ultra sexy G3. Mine is all plastic Mauri/BE based and his is all metal pure CA goodness. We play in the same are and I have seen his K it is awsome...the battery is a huge issue though and something we are still both trying to sort out. There is not alot of room in the CA33 forearm and you can't use many batteries in there.

Thanks for the kind words dude!

The battery is a problem. If I recall correctly, mini batteries will not fit properly in the fore grip (my minis certainly didn't on the SAR Offizier fore grip), so your options are limited. The best thing I've found to use is an eight cell, 2/3A split stick (sometimes called nunchuck) battery that I have made by a place in the US called cheapbatterypacks.com. The service and pricing from CBP are excellent, and I have them use Elite brand cells on all my packs. In the case of my G3/SD6 batteries, they're made from Elite 1500 mah 2/3A cells, and they fit fine and turn my G3 acceptably with a Guarder SP120 spring. I'd suggest carrying a spare though if you're heavy on the trigger.

Just like to say that cheapbatterypacks.com is really the place to go for custom packs. I have a custom one in my G3 (full length) foregrip.

It's a 9.6V 2000mah 4/5 'Elite' cell pack - in a nun-chuck configuration. It fits perfectly and gives easily a full days worth of skirmishing at a nice snappy rof!! I think this is probably the best pack available for anybody who wants to have the battery in a full length G3 foregrip... (aside from some LiPo pack possibly).