• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very nice Wai Hoong Chan

im new to the HK scene, but is that a special g3 front end w/ flashlight? or a modded mp5 one? if the latter, was it hard to fit?

its a MC51, basically TM made a G3 but instead of the full lenght G3 front end, they used a MP5 Front end, and the hand guard is basically a flash light mp5 hand guard which fits onto the MC51

(please do correct me if im wrong btw XD)

its a MC51, basically TM made a G3 but instead of the full lenght G3 front end, they used a MP5 Front end, and the hand guard is basically a flash light mp5 hand guard which fits onto the MC51

Well apparantly some sources say that it was a real steel gun that was for UK Special forces by FR Ordnance International Ltd.

Whoa, sorry no constant source of internet atm due to move!

Basically it started out as a TM MC51 and it's had alot of upgrades.. :P

The flashlight/foregrip is for an MP5, but I modded it to fit this, seeing as an MC51 front end is MP5 length. It was not hard to fit, a bit of dremelling on plastic, the fumes were rather special though!

Getting a 8.4v mini in there is tricky, I had to remove the front fuse box.

The lower reciever (trigger group) is a G+G polyer one, which I much prefer over the righthand style. :)

Whoa, sorry no constant source of internet atm due to move!

Basically it started out as a TM MC51 and it's had alot of upgrades.. :P

The flashlight/foregrip is for an MP5, but I modded it to fit this, seeing as an MC51 front end is MP5 length. It was not hard to fit, a bit of dremelling on plastic, the fumes were rather special though!

Getting a 8.4v mini in there is tricky, I had to remove the front fuse box.

The lower reciever (trigger group) is a G+G polyer one, which I much prefer over the righthand style. :)

i've been thinking about getting that one, is there anything special that needs to be done to fit the gearbox in? or to put it back into the upper half of the body?

Fitting the G&G lower is the same as doing a normal TM lower, although easier.

The MC51 isn't an invention of TM, Spedz is infact correct, FR Ordinance produced it for the SAS however it didn't prove to be a good gun and was ditched very fast. The airsoft version however is bloody brilliant!

IIRC the real steel MC51s (and the SBS special with the integral silencer) proved unpopular because a 7.62x51mm in such a small package was just too harsh on recoil - and to be honest it's a little OTT in most cases.

the lowers are easy to fit, though you have to pass the motor wires through to the motor compartment which can prove annoying if you've not done that before?

yeah apprently the SAS used the MC51 briefly if you believe what the internet says, I'd imagine the kick on a sliding stock of that calibre would be way too much :P

Well no matter what you believe, FR ordnance definetly did produce them, and the SAS/SBS definetly did use them in very limited quantities. We're talking in the hundreds of the amount produced in total.

Yes, they did prove pretty unpopular, but having said that their production was pretty much just an experiment, which are frequently unsuccessful in weapons development.

@Wai Hoong Chan- It is more likely to be the overall small/compact form of the MC51 which would cause it to be difficult to control than the sliding stocks. There are many fullsize G3's with sliding stocks which perform very well indeed, although fullstocks will obviously provide most support/control.

Edited by Kenworth W900

No, we are definetly discussing the MC51's.

Anyway, here are some pics of my G3 atm.

DSC00989.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

It was going to have a little brother in the form of an MC51 but in the end I decided to get an MP5 as backup, so I guess you could call it a cousin. I am in the process of fitting my main G3 (above) with my CA G3 metal body to get rid of the creaking and then a claw mount and scope too. And, here's I random pic of it mocked up with an MP5 lower, which has spurred me on to get a G&G Reinforced Polymer Lower Receiver, cus IMHO, I think it looks pretty good:

DSC00950.jpg

Well, in the past I did modify one Mp5 lower to a G3, but I dont have pics of that. The one above was just a lock up of the same thing.

@navymp28- My old receiver was modified in two main ways: Firstly, cut middle of the receiver and add in a strip of plastic to extend it. Secondly, cut stock slot in rear of receiver above grip.

Sorry that I can't provide a full guide, but it was ages back and I dont have any pics of the modifications. To summarise though, I reckon the difficulty was about 5/10, so not very.

If you want an MP5-style lower on a G3, the easiest (but not the cheapest) option would be to buy a G&G Polymer Lower Receiver for FS51. It fits TM G3's (not sure about CA), and it has that neat MP5 look over it.

I'm thinking of buying one myself, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Its so worth it, i still need to get another one for my poor stock mc51

If you want an MP5-style lower on a G3, the easiest (but not the cheapest) option would be to buy a G&G Polymer Lower Receiver for FS51. It fits TM G3's (not sure about CA), and it has that neat MP5 look over it.

I'm thinking of buying one myself, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I can confirm that they do fit CA G3s as well, infact they fit the CA G3s better than the CA G3 lowers do!