• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so I'm after some help/advice/tips/guide.

I'm going to be making a G3 SBS to add to the Family (my lovely JG G3A3 and my unique Hammerfish).

The plan is to make a compact rifle that's short but relatively accurate given its size (I do love my Hammerfish, but it is just lacking in most areas, except looks). The plan is to go for the sliding stock version, and extended the barrel out to the end of the suppressor.

With that in mind, I've put an order in for an SD front end, and I know a guy that's got a sliding stock he'll sell me. What I'd like to know is, is an MC51 or G3 SAS easier to convert to an G3 SBS? And does it matter which I use? What's the barrel length going to be?

Many thanks!

NOPE!

You just file like 3mm on the sides of the indented part of the RS endcap. Then slide it on. WAYYYYYY easier than using a dremel on the airsoft version.

The part i dont get about that is that it would make it look like a "tear" or "rip" in the end cap. Ill get a picture of my endcaps up this weekend. I just dont get it because the endcap is like a 2 mm thick at best where is this 3mm you are talking about

Edited by Azulsky
OK, so I'm after some help/advice/tips/guide.

I'm going to be making a G3 SBS to add to the Family (my lovely JG G3A3 and my unique Hammerfish).

The plan is to make a compact rifle that's short but relatively accurate given its size (I do love my Hammerfish, but it is just lacking in most areas, except looks). The plan is to go for the sliding stock version, and extended the barrel out to the end of the suppressor.

With that in mind, I've put an order in for an SD front end, and I know a guy that's got a sliding stock he'll sell me. What I'd like to know is, is an MC51 or G3 SAS easier to convert to an G3 SBS? And does it matter which I use? What's the barrel length going to be?

Many thanks!

MC51. The G3SAS front-end is radically different from the MC51s and will need significant modding to allow the SD front-end to be attached, and even then you'd have no space for a battery.

Anyone wanna donate me a G3 for my 21e project? :P

I'd love to have a 21e. Weren't there rumors years ago about a conversion kit in the works? Guess that never panned out. I've been looking at prices on a RS heat shield, but the cheapest I've found was $499.

Edited by cpilla

Yeah a 21E or K is damn near impossible unless you know how to work wih metal and epoxy etc. An HK11 kit would rawk so hard. If someone on here could make a decent HK11 HK21 conversion kit I know I would buy one.

I saw this on OPTACTICAL today, it's news to me but maybe not to you guys:

http://www.optactical.com/eachrigm1mol.html

It should work for G3 magazines if it works for M14 and SR25. Beats out the ATS in mag carry amount and the ability to add More pouches.

Yeah it makes sense, I am going to try something too in this arena. I want to build a G3 based LMG I have been designing for a comic book project I am working on. If I can get a good Airsoft replica made it would make an awsome display at conventions for the table and would draw alot of attention.

It is a select fires closed/Open bolt G3 LMG. Magazine fed utelizing a drum magazine and will have a Navy style lower receiver, RIS, and if I can figure it out a carry handle..but no removable barrel. It is going to have a AR style stock possibly as well.

MC51. The G3SAS front-end is radically different from the MC51s and will need significant modding to allow the SD front-end to be attached, and even then you'd have no space for a battery.

Cheers! I can get that project moving along now. Many thanks!

Howdy-

I am trying to build a G3K like some of the ones I have seen on here. I bought a broked JLS HK33 and have not picked it up from the local and will be buying a Classic army G3A3 from a guy locally. Does anyone know if the frontset from the JLS will work for the GsK mod? I hope so or I wasted 60$..LOL. Thanks for any information.

I thought there was a specific CA SD front end for the MC51

I *think* that that it was just a standard SD front end, and that the MC51 and MP5 series have the same front end connectors.

CA don't appear to do their front end any more, but TM do, so it should all be good.

Never tried, i replaced mine with more Marui after they wore out.

The weakness lies in the little plastic bit, not in the lever itself. Once mine wear out ill be getting the TGS as ordering more stock marui parts takes too long and the part isnt something that needs to be magiked out of thin air by their special incantations.

Edited by Azulsky
I *think* that that it was just a standard SD front end, and that the MC51 and MP5 series have the same front end connectors.

CA don't appear to do their front end any more, but TM do, so it should all be good.

Isnt one of their new B&T's an SD. It should be available through a Spartan dealer over here, ill have to bug mine about it.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MB-SDFS_srch_SD

Edited by Azulsky

Instead, can we fit a G3 lower receiver onto a MP5?

If you want an MP5-style lower on a G3, the easiest (but not the cheapest) option would be to buy a G&G Polymer Lower Receiver for FS51. It fits TM G3's (not sure about CA), and it has that neat MP5 look over it.

I'm thinking of buying one myself, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.