• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it'd depend on the length of the silencer aswell (duh XD)

i don't have a G3SAS so i couldn't measure it for you but if you've got one and a silencer just get a measuring tape and make a rough guess (ie place the start of the measuring tape just in front of the feeding tube in the magwell and measure forward however far your silencer is

sorry i can't be of much help :(

(at a stab i'd say roughly P90 length perhaps?)

Edited by Warning

The G3 'SAS' is a completely different deck of cards, thats the shorty one with an MP5 'k' front end, in that case it would depend on the length of the silencer. However he is talking about the G3 'SBS', the G3 with an MP5 'SD' front end fitted, which has a standardised length to the silencer, providing its not customised with an after market one.

Which means he wants to know the length of a barrel that will stretch from the rear end of the magwell in a G3 right up to the very end of an MP5SD front end.

The G3 'SAS' is a completely different deck of cards, thats the shorty one with an MP5 'k' front end, in that case it would depend on the length of the silencer. However he is talking about the G3 'SBS', the G3 with an MP5 'SD' front end fitted, which has a standardised length to the silencer, providing its not customised with an after market one.

Which means he wants to know the length of a barrel that will stretch from the rear end of the magwell in a G3 right up to the very end of an MP5SD front end.

Yup, what he said.

One of the most often asked questions about HK firearms comes shortly after the proud new owner brings his prized new HK home, and starts looking closely at the gun. There are a number of unfamiliar symbols on the guns that I will explain here.

In the above example, the Chantilly import P7M8 has a serial number of 86912. Simple enough. What about the other symbols? What is the funny character with the 'N' under it? What does 'IE' mean? What is the symbol next to the 'IE'?

The character with the 'N' under it is an eagle with spread wings. This is called the 'Bundesadler' and roughly translated means 'federal eagle." It is used on many German federal insignia. The 'N' stands for "Nitrozellulose" (Neetro-tselluloze) or "Nitrocellulose" in English. This is a universal symbol found on German firearms that use modern nitrocellulose based propellants. The 'IE' is the date code. More on that in a minute.

The symbol to the right of the date code is a stag horn. It is the symbol of a particular proof house, located in Ulm, Germany. German firearms are sent to proof houses before sale, for inspection and quality control. This is much like a 'UL' listing for American small appliances. There are other proof houses, for example, in Kiel and Hannover, Germany, but HK uses the Ulm proof house exclusively. Here is a link to the Beschussamt Ulm web page: (In German)

More on this at HKPro.com

Previously. . .

Now...

IMAGES

How is the co-witnessing on that set of sites on your SAS, brother? I ask because my bro, Aaron, really wants to do something similar on a G4, but is hesitant to buy the wrong flip up sights. Did you true those up yet? Was it a pain in the six?

I now own: 1 set of G3 wood furniture, 1 set of CETME wood furniture, 1 set of G3 ABS furniture, A solid stock, and a retractable stock.

And that's the stuff that's not attached to either of my two G3's.

Tell me, G3 aficionados, do I have a problem?

Yes, you have too few G3 furnitures... :D