• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you need to fill the gaps and cover the nails with some sort of filler, possibly the corners aswell.

then sand it all down so it looks like one smooth piece before you paint it

it will look good then , you have got the shape right and i applaud you for bothering, i would of just bought them ready made

Edited by AceOfSkulls

My latest addition:

hpim4920.jpg

hpim4921.jpg

Formerly toska's G3-sg1/psg-1 hybrid, i've stripped all the modern bits off and converted to A3 standard with real steel furniture. I'm off to see my gunsmith soon, and hopefully we'll be able to hollow out the top of the receiver for a stick battery, alowing me to fit a sliding stock and convert to G3A4 :D

Need to get the screw thread cut for the flash suppressor too.

The whole sight mount/sight unit is for sale btw.

-Matt

Edited by mikoyan99
I'm off to see my gunsmith soon, and hopefully we'll be able to hollow out the top of the receiver for a stick battery, alowing me to fit a sliding stock and convert to G3A4 :D

Need to get the screw thread cut for the flash suppressor too.

The whole sight mount/sight unit is for sale btw.

-Matt

You could run wires to the front and run a LiPo battery...

Hey guys I've disassembled my TM G3SG1 to try and rewire to the front i've got the upper receiver apart from the lower but...where do I go from there?

Remove the handguard. (you may have already) Take out the selector switch. On the opposite side there should be a screw where the selector moves the other side, take that screw out and pull the selector switch out. Remove the little plastic housing on the back of the gearbox, and then it should come out without any issues.

Remove the handguard. (you may have already) Take out the selector switch. On the opposite side there should be a screw where the selector moves the other side, take that screw out and pull the selector switch out. Remove the little plastic housing on the back of the gearbox, and then it should come out without any issues.

wait what? you can leave your gearbox rear wired like this:

03082009176.jpg

if you look at the back of my gearbox you can see the plastic part with a cut out top (the SG1 plastic thingy doesn't have this cut out, this plastic thingy is from my MC51), you need that cut out so you can run a from there up and along the left side of the gearbox (left side if you look at it with the loading nozzle facing away from you).

if you look down the rear of the upper receiver you'll see this:

03082009177.jpg

basically the wires need to go from the back of the gearbox, down the length of the receiver on left hand side, left of the hop unit and then out the hole circled, making sure you have a bit of excess wire, so you can easily connect and disconnect the wiring from the rear of the gearbox, if you need to get at the gearbox for some reason.

here's where the wires would come out of the upper receiver under the hand guard:

03082009178.jpg

Depending on how thick the wires you use are you may have to split the upper receiver into the two halves.

I have to apologise for the rubbish explanation but hopefully some one can clarify what I'm trying to say better, and/or you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Edited by Warning

Ok well, I got the gun apart and everything was going GREAT. I thought for once I would have done a project and it would have turned out without an issue. However, since we're talking about me of course this wasn't possible. :P

The problem is that the wire I originally had wasn't long enough to reach from the rear of the gear box to the front of the foregrip so I took two wires and soldered them together. I then had to remove the small Tamiya head and feed it through the plastic upper receiver and out through a small hole at the back of the barrel. I connected a battery to the newly formed wire and the gearbox, set the selector to semi, pulled the trigger and...nothing. I then connected the battery straight to the gearbox and it worked fine. obviously something is wrong with the wire but I'm not sure what it could be...Also I did not include a fuse, this is just a straight wire running from the gearbox to the front of the receiver. Any tips?

Yey got all my PDI parts in last night and this morning(pdi photo below)

8.jpg

First issue seems to be that there is a discrepancy of size about that of a human hair causing the chamber block to not allow the out barrel to slide in. In favor of sweating it on im going to try to remove just a bit of material with sandpaper.

then its off with the dremel tool to put it all together, a bit of cutting and sanding to do!

Edited by Azulsky

@ Chaoslord800: only thing i could suggest is is to check the wiring, and check if you haven't got the Tamiya head thing isn't on the wrong way around, have another look throu often the littlest mistakes are the one you miss

@ Azulsky: my god that looks awesome not so sure about the shiny metal cocking tube thingy, are you using a plastic body or a metal body?