• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSC_0211-1.jpg

My G3! Started off as a TM G3SG1. I just recently installed a CA metal receiver on it... I still need to replace the cocking tube though, as it's just the stock tube painted black for now. Still looks pretty metallic from far away, don't it? I put on a TM PSG1 stock that I luckily got my hands on, as well as a G&G RIS + armor style rail covers. I also sawed off the front sight for a smoother look... right in front of that is a Guarder 3-lug thread adapter and a 300mm Deep Fire silencer. I originally wanted a regular thread adapter for a sleeker look, but oh well, I'm pretty satisfied with how everything looks now :)

Future upgrades include a CA metal cocking tube and PDI barrel stabilizer for good measure, as well as one of those new PDI G3 extended mag releases. I've also got a TM PSG1 trigger tab + MP5 trigger that I've yet to install.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad those JG are not full metal already. Fortunately, if you want to upgrade to a CA metal body, it's not the most expensive.

I'm getting a CA G3/SG-1 (or should I say, SAR Taktik Rifle II :unsure: ) in a same fashion but with the cheekrest and a higher mounted scope. Besides, didn't you mount the scope rail backwards? If I'm not mistaken, that hole on the side that we can see on the pic goes on the opposite side, up the ejection port.

If I'm not mistaken, that hole on the side that we can see on the pic goes on the opposite side, up the ejection port.

Nah, It is in fact installed correctly. That hole is for if the mount if it were to be used on an MP5 (you would turn it around so it matched up with the ejection port.) The mount has a similar section missing on the other side to accommodate the G3's ejection port. I have one on my CA SAR and I reckon it’s the best low profile mount out there!! ;)

Thanks guys. Yeah, the scope is a Vector Optics Mojji clone, similar to the one on eBaybanned. It's a good scope with a few interesting features... illuminated blue crosshairs, built-in red laser on the side. Maybe I should write a review?

Beefman, I used NAPA spraypaint for the front sight and cocking tube. Pretty generic stuff, but it's pretty good for a general flat black. I was also finally able to get my hands on some Krylon flat clear coat to seal it off :)

Thanks kingmob, but no need :) I was finally able to get my hands on a PDI barrel stabilizer, along with that new HK mag release (makes removing a PSG1 mag a lot easier). Hope the barrel stabilizer isn't a PITA to install.

Nah, It is in fact installed correctly. That hole is for if the mount if it were to be used on an MP5 (you would turn it around so it matched up with the ejection port.) The mount has a similar section missing on the other side to accommodate the G3's ejection port. I have one on my CA SAR and I reckon it's the best low profile mount out there!! ;)

Right you are. I just received mine today and tried to install it on my CA33K. It's the one by ICS with the detachable part. Makes your rail higher in case you have a cheekrest. Too bad I need longer screws to install it, I don't recall having that problem with the Guarder rail but it's out of stock almost everywhere.

Yey got all my PDI parts in last night and this morning(pdi photo below)

8.jpg

First issue seems to be that there is a discrepancy of size about that of a human hair causing the chamber block to not allow the out barrel to slide in. In favor of sweating it on im going to try to remove just a bit of material with sandpaper.

then its off with the dremel tool to put it all together, a bit of cutting and sanding to do!

Azulsky, where did you get the chamber block from?

I got tired of looking around, since it seems to be out of stock everywhere... And as far as I could tell, PDI had it discontinued...

I got mine from redwolf

Still working on it lol i have so far succesfully gotten the block to sit in the right side of the reciever(but the left threaded needs to be shaved for clearance) and i have the cocking tube notched for the chamber block

My CA metal body on my MC51 is like an angel sent from heaven

The one i am working on is one mean SOB and parts are off by like 1/2 mm and i am taking my time dremeling and sanding it back to health, damn screws wont fit in the cocking tube, etc, etc

Still at a standstill for how to get the barrel into the chamber block, i have 2 dremel bits i found that look like they will work to take off the ridiculously small amount of material needed

Also the chamber block does not like the screws that were previously in the two "tangs" or forks that were cut off/broken off, but its already threaded for something, have to figure it out, dont want to give up now lol

Would have saved alot of time if i would have gotten the G&G reciever from redwolf like i was planning but i couldnt throw the current receiver away.

Edited by Azulsky

@ Azulsky

Thanks for the info!

CA G3 recievers are a piece of work... I have a TM with ABS reciever still, but I had two CA's passing through my hands for some mods, and I hated that metalish league they'r made off. And they don't have half as much detail a TM receiver has!

Nontheless, good work! Don't forget to show the results when it's done! ;)

Cheers!