for faster battery change I am actually thinking of connecting the space between the stock's metal fitting and the stock storage space, so then to change the battery I just have to take the stock's two retaining pins off, remove the stock and trough that tube slides the battery.

The handle would be for looks though it would be a real steel and would hook on fairly well. I wouldn't trust it anyways though, ha ha. I don't trust G3 slings with the long cocking tube. I always worry I am bending the gun. I am considering drilling 2 holes in the stock's metal attachment and putting a sling attachment point there like on the slither stock and then using a one point sling. That sounds like the strongest place to put a sling attachment.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSC_0083.jpg

My G3 in what might be its final rendition. Sorry for the bad quality... I really need to get a new camera. It's now a lot shorter than it used to be, but at least now it's much more skirmishable than before. I've been thinking of getting a CETME wood kit for something different, especially since I now know it's possible to fit a battery in the stock without any mods (thanks WaterWar).

Edited by Lon

Thanks Kenworth, It probably will be :) I wanted to make a PSG1-ish G3 with this setup, as I love the sleek look of the PSG1, but don't like the proprietary mechbox design. I actually switched out a TM PSG1 stock for that MSG90 one for skirmishability's sake, though... lol.

This gun had a long *albatross* silencer first, an extended outer barrel after that, and now its just got a G36K flash hider. Can't remember what variant of the G3 had that setup, but I got the idea from that particular model. Guess it ended up more of a semi-auto scout rifle than an all-out sniper rifle, but I gotta say, I like this gun in its current configuration the best - Good range, good weight, not too long or short. If I threw on a RDS+M203+Regular G3 grip on it though, I figure it would make a sweet looking assault rifle... naaaah, this gun is pretty much finished :P

My G3 in what might be its final rendition. Sorry for the bad quality... I really need to get a new camera. It's now a lot shorter than it used to be, but at least now it's much more skirmishable than before. I've been thinking of getting a CETME wood kit for something different, especially since I now know it's possible to fit a battery in the stock without any mods (thanks WaterWar).

It should be noted that the CETME wood is different from the G3 type. The stock is not completely hollow, as is the case with the G3 type furniture. It does have a thin tube drilled through the stock, which can be drilled out to accommodate a battery, but I do not believe that it can accommodate a standard battery without some modification.

I did the CETME conversion myself some time ago, and wrote a guide that should help you out should you choose to go through with it.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=156243

Thanks James, that guide would be incredibly helpful. Looks like a 7.4v stick lipo would be near perfect for that compartment in the stock. What an amazing gun you have set up there... absolutely love the finish on the wood.

Thanks James, that guide would be incredibly helpful. Looks like a 7.4v stick lipo would be near perfect for that compartment in the stock. What an amazing gun you have set up there... absolutely love the finish on the wood.

Thats what I'm using in mine, and it has the G3 woods... You can find in a 9.6v mini NIMH or the 7.4v LIPO in it with no problems at all... I have a mosfet in there also and ran a quick disconnect to it that runs paralleled to the tamia plug where the stock meets the body.

I think I have that annotated in my build write up...

Kingmob3 looks intresting to say the least. That makes me wish some company would release a GBB G3. But I guess i would be happy if a cloner company would just make a cloner all metal G3 at this point. Great gun again.

The rumour mill states that WELL is going to be releasing a GBB G3SAS sometime this year...

This is the main reason I'm keeping my G3 SG-1, just in case they do... Then I can build myself a GBB G3, if it's any good :D

Kingmob3 looks intresting to say the least. That makes me wish some company would release a GBB G3. But I guess i would be happy if a cloner company would just make a cloner all metal G3 at this point. Great gun again.

The small crushed part of my imagination hopes that SRC will make a stamped steel G3 receiver since they have just done their MP5 series as such

P1000415.jpg

Beaten up old piece of ######: Bought it as a junker, sold most of the parts, bought some RS G3A3 furniture, couln't be arsed to put the stock on... so, this is going to be my loaner or Fallout shooter :) Gonna make a singe point battery sling.

Oh, the M4 flash hider isn't attached properly just yet, but it will be :)

picked this up 2nd hand. Got it this morning and it was a mess. It had been sprayed gloss ,and was covered in paint dribbles. They hadn't even bothered to take it apart to do it. So I scraped ,and sanded it down .Got it all off and though this is gonna be hard to to make it look fresh ,so I went for the war torn used look .The stock, and grips are OD btw.

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

Edited by heroshark