• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paper round........

X2, I've had my paper round for almost 6 years, started at 13 too.

Money, yeah :D

Old Canadian, what did you do to fit the G3 wood to the CA33E?

Could you perhaps give a thorough how-to?

It am very teh sechs, and I'd love to do something like that myself.

I'd give you a +1 if I could.

You have a paper round at the age of 19?? :o  You could have a career by now, earning a f**k-load of cash.

Is the employment age/situation very different from the UK over in Norway (as far as you know) ?

Education takes a lot more time here.

One could say that after 13 years of school in Norway you're done with your "High-School" (the third school we go to)

At age 19, you've barely gotten your driver's license (You can take the driver's test at 18).

Well, what I find in America is that by 19, you can't really have a career that makes 'a **** load of cash'. You've got to go to a higher education to get a career that does that. A lot of people I know do part time type jobs helping to put themselves through college.

You have a paper round at the age of 19?? :o  You could have a career by now, earning a f**k-load of cash.

Is the employment age/situation very different from the UK over in Norway (as far as you know) ?

I've got school too, you know :P

Only one hour each day, and as I live with my mum I can spend everything on airsoft, Dr Pepper and fun stuff!

But this is a picture thread, so I should beposting pictures...

ca33e19jm.th.jpg

ca33e23vp.th.jpg

ca33e37pt.th.jpg

Well there not much to explain with the wood kit. I bought a G3 woodkit from a army surplus store( I can get the link later). For the stock it took some minor dremeling around the edges to fit it onto the CA stock cap. Then I attached it to the cap with some big wood screws. I had to drill out the cap holes for that.

The hand guard was a little more difficult. I had to cut off about 2 inches and file it way down to fit the metal ring back on. Then I had to dremel out the inside a bunch and mod the outer barrel a little to make it fit.

I'm still working on getting a battery to fit in the stock. I managed to cram a 9.6 3500 mah NiMH battery in there. Just need to get a charger.

Just ask if you need more infomation

Education takes a lot more time here.

One could say that after 13 years of school in Norway you're done with your "High-School" (the third school we go to)

At age 19, you've barely gotten your driver's license (You can take the driver's test at 18).

In the USA it's `high school`, we have optional college at 16-18 (still `school` in the states) instead, then 18-21 is University, if you feel like getting into debt and smoking pot for another 3 years ;):lol: (That's called `high school` in the states).

You should need to have a degree for a good career in the UK, and all over the world I guess, I didn't go to University because I didn't want to waste 3 years of my life getting some qualifications that mean very little.

Employers value work experience far more than qualifications in a lot of fields, and I'm far better off with 7 years work experience (from age 16) than I would be with 2 years in a bad job and a degree in something irrelevant to my career.

It's all about how you play it ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...