• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Were did you get the carry handle on that G3?

Nice G3's BTW ;)

I got it off someone on here (cant remember who it was). The mount isnt secure on the TM g3 though as the plastic body doesnt allow that rail to clamp on properly, as soon as i get a new mount its going on the CA :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Rob_15/PICT0883.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Rob_15/PICT0884.jpg

So have you added a low profile rail mount, an M249 Para flashider, and something that looks suspiciously the beginnings of a belt-feed system to your old Marui SG1, or have I not been paying attention and does the CA come with all manner of weird gubbins and a funky M249-alike flashider?? :D Looks cool, that one with the weirdness on it, whatever it is!

How solid (I'm guessing monumentally...) is the CA compared to the good ol' creaky TM battle broom?

Edit: questions one & two answered (and my ignorance exposed, for shame!! :lol: ) but number three still stands Rob :D

Edited by evilhippy
How solid (I'm guessing monumentally...) is the CA compared to the good ol' creaky TM battle broom?

I can answer that, i just got a SAR MB for my TM G3, and the body is great, dont know if it is any different from the previous CA metal bodys, but this one feels solid as a rock and the new one piece cocking tube system is great(I can now pick the gun up by the cocking tube without worrying that the gun will break :)

Don't completely trust me as I've only handled the in store sampler(always the best) but it's got some DEFINITE pros.

If you plan on getting a G3 for the long run, get te CA. internals are cheaper to replace. and CA internals aren't really as hmm...unreliable as they used to be.

CA quallity keeps going up. Getting the CA G3 and replacing the internals is a lot cheaper than getting a TM and getting a full metal kit which would be about 100 USD

So have you added a low profile rail mount, an M249 Para flashider, and something that looks suspiciously the beginnings of a belt-feed system to your old Marui SG1, or have I not been paying attention and does the CA come with all manner of weird gubbins and a funky M249-alike flashider?? :D Looks cool, that one with the weirdness on it, whatever it is!

Yes, i have added a low profile mount, which doesnt fit on, a FNC/M249 flash hider which is the sex and no i wont add a belt feed doodahh :P

The CA is very solid, infact, its too solid and i dont like it that much (much prefer the TM atm)

How can it be too solid you say, well the quick take down is more like 'use a large hammer to remove the lower reciever and then you'll never be able to get it back on properly because we have to use a jcb in the factory to fit it'. Infact its already missing a body pin because of this :(

Also the grub screw that holds the front sight in appears to be glued, no matter how much i try its not *fruitcage* coming out :(

So far the only thing the CA has over my mauri is that it doesnt creak, but it is missing a load of body pins and screws so it would creak a lot ;)

And i got my TM SG1 on offer from airsoft dynamics of all places for £155 posted, brand spanking new and it arrived within 2 days, can't use that story with the CA, oh no :no:

How can it be too solid you say, well the quick take down is more like 'use a large hammer to remove the lower reciever and then you'll never be able to get it back on properly because we have to use a jcb in the factory to fit it'. Infact its already missing a body pin because of this :(

I thought I was the only one with that problem(thought it was because I installed it on a TM gun) But that kinda sucks. I spent about half an hour trying to get the lower reciever on. Then finally I just slammed it to the ground and kept banging it till it got all the way in :P It sits super tight now and wont come off :( Not really a quick takedown I must say.

Oh well, I think I may dremel it just a little bit to make it smother.

And Rob, I would suggest buying a RS body pin, they are only around 3$ IIRC, and it feels a lot more solid then the stock ones. I have them on my handguard and stock and will buy one for the body when I have a chance.

The body pin is fine, i just cant get the lower reciever far enough along to line up the hole.

Considering this is CA's third attempt at the G3 body (original G3 body, light type and this) its pretty poor.

The body pin is fine, i just cant get the lower reciever far enough along to line up the hole.

Considering this is CA's third attempt at the G3 body (original G3 body, light type and this) its pretty poor.

Just bang it to the ground until it fits. I did it and it works great, I even got it apart yesterday. In time it will get better I think.

I took these pics of a teammate's TM G3/SG1 some time ago:

265805187_dd6b701755.jpg

265805323_2837d0bd75.jpg

I have a lot of respect for this gun. I have to do all manner of ###### to my M4 to make it look good in my eyes while this thing looks good with all stock externals. :huh: So all his cash has gone to the internal upgrades to give the mean look some bite. :D

Since then I think it's lost the bolt on the bipod while out in the field. That at least means it sees a lot of use. :)

Edited by gerrysnaps

Hmm. The TM bipod metal isn't too good. after a few games, the lock(keeps the legs in place) wore out.

dirtyazzmutha (nice name) the M41 looks great. but eh. . . you've got a sweet ACU loadout. . . and a black gun. >< GREAT stuff. buy maybe you should spray the gun :P

Crossbow. I believe the metal bodies that come installed with the CA guns are touched up by people at the factory. the ones bought seperately for installation on TM guns or CA ones is a bit less refined.

dirtyazzmutha (nice name) the M41 looks great. but eh. . . you've got a sweet ACU loadout. . . and a black gun. >< GREAT stuff. buy maybe you should spray the gun :P

Actually, you could spray your ACU black to match the gun. It'd probably work better. :P

Slightly random question, but am I right to assume that the CA SAR Taktik Rifle (G3 SG1) is a direct copy of the TM G3 SG1?

The only reason I ask is that I intend to put a RIS on it (apparently fits "SG1 series AEGs) and a Scope Mount - should I expect any problems?

:geek: