• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The GRIP not the folding vert-grip.

Yes yes, i don't think you really needed to repeat what Lord Blackgoat said.

Now, a quick un-lazy search (don't you flame people for not searching?) leads me to believe that its one of these, or similar

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MP5-R_srch_grip

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MP5-L_srch_grip

Other than those and the smokeys sniper grip i don't think theres anything else apart from standard replacement grips that would fit.

Yes yes, i don't think you really needed to repeat what Lord Blackgoat said.

Now, a quick un-lazy search (don't you flame people for not searching?) leads me to believe that its one of these, or similar

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MP5-R_srch_grip

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MP5-L_srch_grip

Other than those and the smokeys sniper grip i don't think theres anything else apart from standard replacement grips that would fit.

It is a rubber grip that goes over the stock grip.

I believe that the links that rob15 gave are very close to what I have but I bought in Europe. This is the link:

HK ruber grip

I can only say that it is very comfy and fits your hand perfectly. I recommend it to all the G3, mp5 or g36 owners!

Here is finally a good pic of one of mine...

SBS-2.jpg

MC 51 SBS mod with metal body, shorty top rail, and fakepoint red dot scope.

g3_CETME_web.jpg

This is my TM based G3 with real steel wood kit. It's older then dirt, has a completely new internals.... I roll highcaps with this and I'm practically a SAW....

Edited by liquidflorian

liquidflorian that G3 looks outstanding! I've wanted a TM G3A3 for the longest time but they've been out of production for the longest time... So here's what I just got at AEX to fill the void...

CA "M41 Sportsmatch SG", but I decided that name gave me nightmares, and changed it to just CA G3A3 :D

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

lighter than I thought it'd be, but very solid, no wobble, shoots alright, it's no TM. It was going to be this or the new CA M14, but I decided that since the M14 is going to become the new M4, I might as well get something "different".

OK so my original TM HK51 is undergoing a bit of a makeover and I've just about finished fitting a RS wood kit to it. To echo someone elses earlier post, mine has also lasted me 7 years doing 325fps on the dot for around 80 - 100k rounds. I've never had one problem whatsoever with this beauty, however, one fateful afternoon of skirmishing meant a screw fell out of the motor plate on the base of the grip. This caused the motor to slip, make a horrible grinding noise and upon pulling it apart, the pinion gear had some wear to it.

So... I took the opportunity to do these external upgrades, and I'm going to do a full overhaul on the gearbox with new, re-inforced parts to hopefully sustain its life for a while to come! It's even still got the stock nylon bushings in! Love it to pieces though - it was my first rifle, and will always have a special place in my heart... :wub:

OK enough of the soppyness - picture time... will update with more when I finish it off and get the camera out! As you can see, no gearbox in it yet until I've finished the upgrades on that.

hk51.jpg

Anatonic, beautiful G3 you have. I can't wait till mine comes in the mail (ordered her today). I have a question for all the wood stock owners. Is there room for a battery in a RS wood stock, and if not, where do you keep your batteries?

-Sh0ty

Anatonic, beautiful G3 you have.  I can't wait till mine comes in the mail (ordered her today).  I have a question for all the wood stock owners.  Is there room for a battery in a RS wood stock, and if not, where do you keep your batteries?

-Sh0ty

Get the G3 stock and not the CETME stock and you can fit a 8.4 or 9.6 pack in it using the 2/3A cells (basically a mini pack). I found some 1400 mah cells at Cheaperbatterypacks.com and found the same packs at my neighborhood AEX.

Sanding the inside of the stock might help with the fit if it's too snug. ;)

^^agreed. ^^

I'm a Purist myself.

Finally got my Counter-Sniper platform skirmishable (eternal thanks to a buddy...). Still shooting lower than I want, and I need a tightbore for it, but handy and solid as it is...

SAR-1.jpg

SAR-2.jpg

Edited by Downslide