• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone has a Jing Gong G3, is the cocking tube assembly metal?

I was originally going to buy a Classic Army G3 but I kind of don't like how the trades are engraved. I was going to have it custom engraved. So I was going to save some money and buy a JG G3 and a blank G3 metal body. But if the cocking tube assembly on the JG isn't metal then I don't think it would be financially viable.

The JG is a clone of the TM and the only metal parts on there are the rear drum sight, Frontsight assembly outerbarrel and flash hider. (I might have missed one small part but whatever). The receiver, Pistol Grip, Cocking tube, etc are all plastic. I have a TM that is all metal now except the cocking tube. My biggest fear with the TM and I can only assume is the same with a JG was snapping it in half where the receiver and cocking tube meet together. I still need to aquire a Metal cocking tube for a G3 and a CA33 to solve both issues with my G3A4 and my G3KA4.

The JG is a clone of the TM and the only metal parts on there are the rear drum sight, Frontsight assembly outerbarrel and flash hider. (I might have missed one small part but whatever). The receiver, Pistol Grip, Cocking tube, etc are all plastic. I have a TM that is all metal now except the cocking tube. My biggest fear with the TM and I can only assume is the same with a JG was snapping it in half where the receiver and cocking tube meet together. I still need to aquire a Metal cocking tube for a G3 and a CA33 to solve both issues with my G3A4 and my G3KA4.

Thanks for that tidbit of info. I guess I'm going with the Classic Army G3A3. OD furniture FTW! Now if only I can find a way to get those god-awful trades off. They're engraved right?

Well, here are my two beautiful gorgeous ladys! TM based. Enjoy!!

G3A3 M/63 (Portuguese Army denomination), with RS handguard, stock and pins:

(don't mind the green-painted flash-hider! We have to have painted here in Portugal, but at the time I got the colours wrong. It was supposed to be yellow, as it is now...)

dscf3308.jpg

G3A3 M/61, with RS handguard, stock, pins and sling:

g3001.jpg

And a few of them both together:

g3002.jpg

g3005.jpg

g3006.jpg

g3007.jpg

Greetings

Ooh, nice gun! I'm rather fond of the Portugese stuff, my main loadouts are based on mercenaries in Angola, and thanks to the history there, most of the weapons/kit is Portugese.

I see you have a Lizard patter helmet - how rare is the Lizard struff in Portugal these days?

Cheers,

-Matt

Edited by mikoyan99

Cheers Matt!

Well, the Lizard pattern was used quite extensively in the colonial wars (also know as Ultramar) by the Portuguese Army between 61 and 74. After that, the pattern continued to be used until the end of the 80's by the Army (mostly by commandos). Today, all of the Army's branches uses Nato2003 (a DPM variant, similar to British DPM). The only force that uses the Lizzard pattern is these days is the Navy's Fuzileiros ( equivalent to US Navy Seals), a special force within the Portuguese Navy.

Older lizzard equipment, as well as other types of equipment, such as load bearing gear, and bivouac material, can be found (although in lesser quantities as time passes) in a market is Lisbon, called Feira da Ladra (it happens each sunday, if I''m not mistaken). There you can find G3 portuguese magazin pouches, lizzard uniforms, NATO2003 uniforms, boots, backpacks etc, etc, etc...

My main loadout is composed of "Y" type suspendars and belt with G3 original mag pouches, just like I used (and is still used during basic training), among a few adaptations.

I do have a Lizzard jacket, that belonged to my father, back when he served, around 1975, as well as an army steel helmet, M/68 type.

Some shops that sell hunting material still have lizzard uniforms for sale, although they are not in traditional army cut.

Greetings

Quick Question:

What is the going price for a set of German G3 furniture nowadays? I have a set in good condition that I'm trying to get rid of, as I don't want to go through the bother of modifying it, but I'm not terribly sure how much I should let it go for.

Quick Question:

What is the going price for a set of German G3 furniture nowadays? I have a set in good condition that I'm trying to get rid of, as I don't want to go through the bother of modifying it, but I'm not terribly sure how much I should let it go for.

Well James it depends.. In the States I have no idea, but in europe, at Stormtec they're listed around €19, but out of stock!

I gave €60 for mine... Call me stupid, but they seemed to be out of stock everywere, and I wanted them so bad, so, I paid! :P

Sounds rather ominous to me, any chance of some pics before painting too?

I don't think there's anything to worry about :D

I have first to get the scope mount rail so I can post a "finished" version of my setup. I oredered it from UNCompany but it had to be the only item out of stock at the moment of shipping my parcel.