• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not a great deal .It was advertised as being 345fps .With the poor mans chrono it rated sub 290. Fortunatly I was planning to down grade it anyway to use a lower fps sites .The gb in it was droped in streight out a tm armalite ,so I gave it a h&k trigger .The barrel didn't even reach the end of the inner barrel support ,and was wedged in with toilet roll .So I added an m4 length madbull 6.03 ,which added a little extra poke, so it was 290-300ish. The range ,and accuracy is brilliant .It already had a soft H-nub, and g3's hop is great anyway. Finally I had to do a general fixing up of the body, as it was realy badly mashed together .Added a few missing screws, and made the cocking action work. I'm realy pleased with it now .When I got it I was kind of p'ed off ,but now Im realy happy to have a rif that I can use at any site, that I actually like.

Sorry for double post, I haven't figured out how to edit a pre-existing post.

Here's the promised picture(s):

DSC05924_big_thumb.JPG

And me trying to be artistic but failed at:

DSC05929_big_thumb.JPG

Information about the G3's:

The G3A3 is a CA M41 sportsmatch something something (stupid name for a G3) with RealSteel wooden furniture and a 3-9x50 scope.

Internally it has a Madbull tightbore barrel, SP120-spring and a G&P M160 motor.

The G3A4 is also a CA M41 blah blah and instead of RealSteal-stuff, it has a low-profile scope mount and a ACM ACOG RD!

Internally it is almost identical to the 'A3 but a more low-budget setup: Madbull tightbore barrel, unknown 120-spring and a JG high torque motor.

Sexy.

Question, does having a wood furniture set make it a CETME automatically, or are there other traits?

It depends on what model of the CETME rifles you're thinking of.

As far as I know, the CETME model A-rifles had a different fire-selector, cocking handle and grip than the modern G3's while the Model B's only had some minor differences.

Edited by WaterWar
  • 1 month later...

Hey i have two of those old metal bodies lol, makes the g3 turn into a good bludgeon

Anyone got the laylax m4 adapter yet, i cant help but think that a UBR would look somewhat decent on g3, but im not spending 200 to figure out lol

i'll let you know about the adapter since im planning on getting one to replace my hack job m4 stock converter, but i dunno about the UBR tho

any one know what gauge wires would be good for front wiring a G3 since i need about 3 of them front wiring?

Edited by Warning
  • 2 weeks later...

My baby

I call it the MCSG1A3

post-61363-1264880393_thumb.jpg

It started out as a TM MC51 my first ever gun. After a while it got a bit tired and I bought a few new guns until one day I got hold of a TM G3 SG1 gearbox. It became an MCSG1. Next I thought the little guy could do with a nice optic, so I got it a nice G3 low level red dot. Finally I gave him a real steel G3 A3 stock courtesy of shriven. Next I'm hoping to get hold of an olive handgaurd I saw them on an RS parts website but unfortunately they don't ship to the UK.

P1000533.jpg

P1000534.jpg

And my end of the trade with Crazy Ape! Mine actually started off with a full SG1 stock, full RIS, shortened barrel ( the previous owner was going for a HK21E look). I flogged all that, bought a few other bits, et voila!

Still needs stock pins and some mids/lows though... oh yeah, and a battery sling or something to put a battery in!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/Shriven89/P1000533.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/Shriven89/P1000534.jpg

And my end of the trade with Crazy Ape! Mine actually started off with a full SG1 stock, full RIS, shortened barrel ( the previous owner was going for a HK21E look). I flogged all that, bought a few other bits, et voila!

Still needs stock pins and some mids/lows though... oh yeah, and a battery sling or something to put a battery in!

theres a fella that i've seen run a MP5 with the battery between the stock rails when its extended, he posted a picture up on these forums i think and then some one asked where his battery is and he point it out

fake edit:

here it is

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/pee...Graphics117.jpg

Alright, so I'm trying to decide my next airsoft purchase.... but I can't decide which to go for.... either CA's G3A4 or G&G's MC-51 w/ RIS and UMP Stock.... Really want the A4, but I'm not entirely sure on the reliability because of CA's reputation <_< On the other hand, I know the G&G will be a solid performer, but I'm not a fan of the MC-51 front end :( I know someone has to have one of the two that they can give me an opinion on ;)

Edited by billytehbob