Airsoft Training for Team Building etc

jay bee

Hi all,

I'm looking in to companies which do airsoft training (preferably at least involving CQB) for some team building/research. We're in the south east, but willing to travel, really looking for decent instructors, and reasonably tactical fun.

Any suggestions? I hear Stirling is good.

Cheers

J

I'd say just watch a load of YouTube and then practice , practice, practice ! I'm very dubious of a lot of the companies offering training , its not the sort of thing Joe public can usually access so quite suspicious of there claimed credentials.

Tried to do it a few years back, I created a product targeted to corporates. 

It involved a dynamic navigation survival exercise starting with a vehicle ambush, the participants had to escape and using their wits and leadership ability navigate through enemy terrain to waypoints, safe houses and weapons caches, negotiating with NPCs in order to get to an extraction point.  If you get hit, the only way to respawn is if your team carries you to a safe house, etc. 

The idea is about developing organic leadership and building teamwork, empowering the people to work together, under a common threat, in vision/expectation setting and generating action. 

Problem is:

-  Leadership is more than just that, participants needs to be self reflective and aware of their own strengths and limitations, and have good emotional control

-  Corporates generally have terrible leadership.  High ups are either too reactive to shareholder/board motivators, and while many of great ideas and enthusiasm, they are not great in translating things into action.  Management have no great ideas, but likes to push people into action.  The rest of the staff are generally sheeples, out to have fun.  

When you mix airsoft guns with people who really don't care about the scenario and just out to live out their rambo fantasy, then it descends into chaos.

Hence, corporates do not see added value in such a team building event.  They are generally happy with escape rooms or paintball, where people get to bond by working with each other to have fun, then have a beer afterwards.  

We're in the prototyping phase of a video game, so the major purpose is to give people a taste of military situations and tactics - hence at least having a bit of room clearing would be great. If we have some fun at the same time then so much the better, but the main thing is that it'll hopefully inspire some game mechanics etc.

I probably should've mentioned that in my original post.. 

Might be worth getting in touch with the folks at Halo Mill in Huddersfield. They run an indoor CQB site and, at least when they were originally setting it up, were offering things like close quaters pistol training sessions. Part of what they said they set the site up for was to do police / military training. While their website doesnt mention it these days they do offer rentals and private hire sessions. It might be worth emailing them to see if they could put together a suitable package for you?

http://www.halomill.com/

Archived