calbur20

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Update from KY Airsoft just now.

[Breaking News!!]
[Upcoming product]

An update on Umarex (WE) H&K G3A3 GBB on the final selling price, Stock will arrive within next week, get your pre-release-order in KY airsoft now !!!

Umarex (WE) H&K G3A3 GBB
https://www.kyairsoft.com/…/u…/deposit-h-k-g3-gbb-rifle.html

https://www.kyairsoft.com/guns/umarex-gbbr/deposit-h-k-g3-gbb-rifle.html

$390 USD

Slightly off topic, but Bada Bing, just out of curiosity, when / how do you use guns like this in games in the UK? I usually manage fine with GBBR in SMG / AR / AK format, but once it gets to 7.62x51 style like my M1A, with such low capacity and giant mags, I've never worked out what sort of games to bring them to.  

^ I know what you mean. My only experience with 7.62x51 GBBR was a disaster, the VFC 417 I had wasn’t really skirmishable. Was more of a replica that just happened to take bbs. 

My answer is I just don’t know. I’ll have to see how this G3 gets on when I take it out. It’s got 30rd magazines, not 20. Should make it a tiny bit easier. 

It should be marketed as CETME rather than G3 with that horrid trigger guard.  But hey, shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or can we?

As for 7.62x51 GBBRs I think we have not evaluated enough of them to say.  Currently we have:

WE SCAR-H - My experience has been quite positive.  Accuracy is good as is the recoil.  Reliability and fieldability is similar to the SCAR-L.

VFC HK417 - BDB's "Replica that so happens takes BBs" as a good description.  In hot weather the gun kicks like a 556 rifle and prone to bolt bounce which leads to double feeds,  cold weather it has problems cycling 15 rounds before it dies.

VFC SR25 - Tested, cycling rate is far too sluggish for a GBBR even in warm weathers.

So it would be good to finally test the VFC G3 and the WE G3 (if they can fix the CETME trigger guard)

There is really a no need to be "turned down" by the trigger guard. As I have already mentioned, there were at least two versions. VFC replicated the edged one and WE the rounded one - which you can find during a few minutes on google ;-)

The US Export version G3:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?33942-The-HK-G3-Semi-Auto-Rifle/page3

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/52/1657/heckler-koch-g3-rifle-762-mm

HK-G3-1962-Golden-State-19-1024x624.jpg

VFC type: https://www.keepshooting.com/g3-steel-trigger-group.html

WE type: https://www.keepshooting.com/hk-g3-steel-stripped-s-e-f-lower.html

Bundeswehr rifle:

84937d1484286030-1960-hk-g3-rifle-153807

18 hours ago, 3vi1-D4n said:

It should be marketed as CETME rather than G3 with that horrid trigger guard.  But hey, shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or can we?

As for 7.62x51 GBBRs I think we have not evaluated enough of them to say.  Currently we have:

WE SCAR-H - My experience has been quite positive.  Accuracy is good as is the recoil.  Reliability and fieldability is similar to the SCAR-L.

VFC HK417 - BDB's "Replica that so happens takes BBs" as a good description.  In hot weather the gun kicks like a 556 rifle and prone to bolt bounce which leads to double feeds,  cold weather it has problems cycling 15 rounds before it dies.

VFC SR25 - Tested, cycling rate is far too sluggish for a GBBR even in warm weathers.

So it would be good to finally test the VFC G3 and the WE G3 (if they can fix the CETME trigger guard)

There is also the WE M14. Good accuarcy once you prevent the hop-up from misadjusting. Then you need to fix magazine movement and the trigger set. Also it's heavy as F. :P

3 hours ago, Zereck said:

There is also the WE M14. Good accuarcy once you prevent the hop-up from misadjusting. Then you need to fix magazine movement and the trigger set. Also it's heavy as F. :P

M14 has been such a sleeper hit.  Not many people I know have it, and having worked on it there are too many flimsy parts to break.  But yeah it is fairly accurate and heavy, but since I haven't used it in the ranges of temperatures we have here (0-30*C+), I can't tell you how fieldworthy it is.

I have owned many VFCs (M4, MP5/SD/K, G36C/K, 416/417s)  and owned many WEs (Thompson, MP5K ,M4, M733, M16A1, G36, SCAR L, SCAR H, AKM, Keltec PLR16), and everything I collect has to be somewhat authentic, but most importantly they have to be fieldable. 

Traditionally, VFCs are better wall hangers while WEs are better for skirmishing, but to be fair I would need to put both VFC and WE G3 through its paces.

4 hours ago, 3vi1-D4n said:

M14 has been such a sleeper hit.  Not many people I know have it, and having worked on it there are too many flimsy parts to break.  But yeah it is fairly accurate and heavy, but since I haven't used it in the ranges of temperatures we have here (0-30*C+), I can't tell you how fieldworthy it is.

I've used it quite a bit on that temperature range, it does just fine as long as you use the right gas for the given temperature (propane for 15 to 35ºC, propilene for 5 to 25ºC, black gas for -5º to 15ºC). It definitely needs a steel trigger unit, there's no way around it on that gun. 

But that one is about 10 years and one of WE's first "let's see if we can do something on our own" adventures. They have come a long way since, and I trust their newer designs to be much more reliable.

I'll be working with a friend to turn that WE G3 into a PSG-1 for the most awesome GBBR DMR ever :D

On 6/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, blobface said:

@Bada Bing Maybe it could prove to be DMR worthy...! Who knows :D

I hope so. It’s been years since my last attempt with the HK417, and there’s a lot of 3rd party upgrades out there nowadays. 

8 hours ago, 1st Commando said:

well if badabing wants to meet up to compare the WE to the VFC he knows he is welcome to 

Cheers buddy. That would be great!

Archived